Talk

Advanced search

how long until the hormones properly sod off?

(6 Posts)
snorkmaiden2 Tue 16-Oct-12 16:06:40

I mc'd at 11 weeks on 1st July. I kind of have periods but they're a bit lighter than they used to be and my cycles are any length you like - first was 31 days, then 24, then 27 now 25 (pre mc 28 days). For about a week before my AF arrives I have very convincing pregnancy symptoms that are actually very upsetting. We are trying for another so at the back of my mind there is always the thought that my pg symptoms could be because I am actually pg so when AF arrives I just feel absolutely shit. I'm trying to find stuff on Dr Google since my own GP is a wanker but all I can find are stories about women whose hormones were playing up and it turned out they were pg again. I've tested. Lots. I'm not pregnant :-( Any ideas when I can expect a regular cycle again and not feel sodding pregnant for 2 weeks a month?

OhGood Tue 16-Oct-12 19:04:49

Hi snork, bumping this for you. I have no advice or similar experience, sorry, though I understand how it's hellish to feel pregnant after MC. Someone will be along soon. brew

cosysocks Tue 16-Oct-12 19:25:33

Hi snork, I don't know the answer but I'm in a similar position. MMC in June, my cycle is fine now but periods only lasting a day and half.
I almost feel like I'm tender inside as the whole week before period comes I'm convinced in pregnant, due to cramps etc.
hope someone comes along with an answer for you.
I've stopped even looking at diary as I can't bare to think about period coming.

snorkmaiden2 Wed 17-Oct-12 11:03:33

Does no one have any idea?

MurderOfProse Wed 17-Oct-12 17:01:25

I know that my cycles were very wacky after a loss I had at 9 weeks in October one year - I eventually got my positive test in April, and the cycle before that one was a bit more normal. I had a loss at 7 weeks a few years before that and that took 3 cycles to get back to normal, in fact I never know if I did or not as I conceived DD1.

Annoyingly it's one of those "everyone is different" things.

I'm guessing the pregnancy symptoms are because you're having unusually high levels of progesterone perhaps? Were you on hormonal contraception before you conceived? That tends to hide what we naturally feel in the second half of the cycle, I remember swearing blind I was pregnant first month off the pill, but no, it was just my body experiencing natural progesterone for the first time in forever..

Sometimes going on the pill for a cycle can regulate things again (in fact some people are prescribed the pill before IVF for this reason) but obviously that's a month out of TTC.

I am sorry for your loss. It is hard enough getting on with life as it is, without reminders like this too.

janey1234 Wed 17-Oct-12 17:20:54

I had a mmc at 12 weeks in October last year, and continued to test positive on a pregnancy test for some time after. To be honest it wasn't until Jan/Feb this year that my cycle settled down and I began to feel more 'normal'. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear sad - we are all different though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now