Talk

Advanced search

A bit of advice and slap round the face potentially needed please

(9 Posts)
sparkle101 Tue 16-Oct-12 09:44:54

So, dh and I have been ttc #2 for a couple of months now, I am 11 dpo and symptom spotting like mad, even though I promised I wouldn't.

My boobs hurt, although they have done since coming off the pill so not too bothered but a couple of things have happened and I wonder am I pregnant and whether any of you lovely ladies could give advice.

On Sunday I had what felt like quite bad period pains and when I wiped sorry tmi! It was creamy and slightly pink. That night I woke up feeling really sick, not like food poisoning sick but empty throaty sick - sorry probably not great use of words.

I poas yesterday and only one line after 5 mins. Was just a supermarket cheapy. Spent all day yesterday feeling sick and my back was absolutely killing me.

Am super super tired but not sure if that's just due to coming back to work post holiday, but could not function yesterday for a good couple of hours.

And then I looked at the test I took yesterday today- two lines. Now I know you're meant to discard after five mins but with my dd the same happened and I got a positive the next day.

I am not due on till Friday but gave got myself in such a tis about it.

Any ideas? (Apologies for any spelling mistakes am on iPhone!)

LexiLoganberry Tue 16-Oct-12 10:32:30

Didn't want to read and run, I would disregard the change to the test result after the stated time, I had a test which was completely negative at the time of the test, when I emptied the bin a few days later there were 2 lines. Wait a few days and test again od tomorrow if you'd rather, although testing every day really messes with your head. Also if it was a supermarket brand I'm assuming it's one which says test from the day your period is due.

It's hard not to symptom spot. I too have sore boobs, and have had pink CM and am now spotting a bit, I'm 21 dpo and 7 days overdue for AF.

Sorry I'm not much help, fx for you

HaveALittleFaith Tue 16-Oct-12 20:47:37

Hi, realistically you need to disregard that test result. I've had several heartaches fishing them out the bin!

I would wait a couple more days and test with FMU. That'll give you a clearer result. When is AF actually due?

HaveALittleFaith Tue 16-Oct-12 20:48:04

Sorry, read Friday! Yes I'd retest Friday morning with FMU.

sparkle101 Wed 17-Oct-12 15:34:24

Thank you ladies, I really need to calm down as all this symptom spotting is not helping me! I am anyalysing everything and this is not helping.

Thanks for giving some balance. I shall wait until Friday and test again. (At no point did I buy a FRER test and do yesterday afternoon or another suermarket cheapy today!)

Lexi fingers crossed you get an answer soon (may have been lurking on the busses - not stalking you!)

PrincessPumpkinshoutsBOO Wed 17-Oct-12 15:38:54

You need to try and stop testing and wait until Friday, I know that is quite hard to do, but you must. Did the other tests give any positive results?

Hiya Faith you ok?

LexiLoganberry Wed 17-Oct-12 15:54:44

Waves at sparkle lurking on the bus.

grin at you won't do any more tests when it looks like you have, hard to resist isn't it

sparkle101 Thu 18-Oct-12 19:07:53

Well AF arrived. Am consoling myself with wine and chocolate. Thanks for your support ladies.

I am determined next month will not be like this. It is not good for my health!

LexiLoganberry Thu 18-Oct-12 19:14:21

Sorry to hear that sparkle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now