Talk

Advanced search

Sister needs ovulation stick advice?

(13 Posts)
UndeadPixie Sun 14-Oct-12 22:36:12

She's asked me whether I know anything. Wants to know if she should buy the cheapy ones from amazon or the expensive clearblue ones? Or whatever other brands there are?

I know nothing about them though and thought I'd ask here if that's alright?

UndeadPixie Sun 14-Oct-12 22:39:47

She also wants to know about bbt thermometers, same question?

LunaticFringe Sun 14-Oct-12 22:42:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Haylebop12 Sun 14-Oct-12 22:43:28

My Internet cheapies have worked for me this month but will know for sure when I do a pg test in2 weeks!

PrincessPumpkinshoutsBOO Sun 14-Oct-12 22:43:51

I used the cheap ones until I got a positive then checked the result with clear blue, saved a fortune (and still got my bfp smile)

UndeadPixie Sun 14-Oct-12 23:00:36

Thanks! Will link her over, she's signed up but hasn't worked out how to use MN yet <<rolls eyes>>

winkle2 Mon 15-Oct-12 00:06:13

I recommend the clearblue digitals - no mistaking that smiley face smile

FrankelSaysRelax Mon 15-Oct-12 06:54:42

The thermometers from Access Diagnostics work absolutely fine and are cheaper than the ones on sale in Boots, etc. it is very important that she use a BBT thermometer and not a regular one.

Littlemissimpatient Mon 15-Oct-12 13:30:24

I also prefer the smiley face on cb

Pipbin Mon 15-Oct-12 18:04:55

I have used cheap dip style OPKs from Amazon, a ClearBlue Fertility Monitor and BBT.
I have used this thermometer which works well.
Once I got used to the cheap OPKs got on very well with them and use them in conjunction with the other methods. However, they did take some getting used to.
I have also been plumbing all this into Fertility Friend. Great way to keep track of it all and it tell you when you have OV'd. Really if she is going to take her temperature then she really needs to do this.

sleepyhead Mon 15-Oct-12 18:07:31

Yep, I'd recommend Fertility Friend if she's going down the BBT route. You can do it all yourself on graph paper, but I found it a lot easier having it all on the pc.

UndeadPixie Mon 15-Oct-12 21:01:14

Thanks again smile What does OPK mean? I'm guessing it's the ovulation stick thing?

FrankelSaysRelax Mon 15-Oct-12 21:04:43

Ovulation Prediction Kit - it's a generic term.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now