Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Would you are have you ever done this........?????

(13 Posts)
AreYouAbleMabel Sun 14-Oct-12 21:31:33

I'm getting really really impatient with this whole ttc game! We have been trying without success for 18 months ( I know there are plenty of you trying for an awful lot longer) and will have my first appointment with the gynae in December, but have been diagnosed as having pcos!

I am considering purchasing clomid online and giving it a go if in December the gynae doesn't start me on some sort of treatment......as going public seems to take forever for every single step! Would you do this....am I mad? I know if someone had suggested that they were intending to do this I would have told them they were mad before I started this ttc journey! Advice please?!?

Asmywhimsytakesme Sun 14-Oct-12 23:02:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Asmywhimsytakesme Sun 14-Oct-12 23:03:48

winkle2 Mon 15-Oct-12 00:05:14

Try soy isoflavonos first - its natures clomid and you can buy it in tesco.

SecretSparkle Mon 15-Oct-12 00:18:11

mabel no no no!! It's just too risky!!
Have you tried a cocktail of natural remedies? Agnus castus can be great for PCOS sufferers

Startailoforangeandgold Mon 15-Oct-12 01:05:28

After 18 months of trying, I was also given a Gynae appointment. I had to cancel it I found out I was expecting DD2.

Good luck

SecretSparkle Mon 15-Oct-12 08:12:10

start funny you should say that, 12 months of trying (with PCOS) and looks like I'm going to need to cancel my clinic appointment too!

Sleepyfergus Mon 15-Oct-12 08:14:04

I'm convinced Agnus Castushwlped me conceive dd2. It's 'natures clomid'.

AreYouAbleMabel Mon 15-Oct-12 10:46:22

Thanks for the sensible words if advice girls! I think I'm just going a bit crazy waiting for things to happen! I have been using agnus castus on and off but did not use it at all this month I must get back to that and also try the soy isoflavens! Hopefully I will be in the same boat as some if you and have to cancel my appointment in December......fingers crossed!

Asmywhimsytakesme Mon 15-Oct-12 10:56:45

FrankelSaysRelax Mon 15-Oct-12 11:24:28

Glad to see you have decided against doing this. As has been said, you need very close monitoring on Clomid and you could risk doing more damage than good.

I might be overly cautious, but I would never self-medicate, even herbal stuff. I've heard of lots of women having problems using Agnus Castus, so if you really want to try something along these lines, please see a herbal practitioner and get advice first.

I don't say this as a smug "I get pregnant just looking at my partner" woman. I say it as a PCOS sufferer who has been ttc my first child for 2.5 years.

aufaniae Mon 15-Oct-12 11:37:20

I think seing a herbal practitioner, while you wait for your gynae appointment would be a very good idea. They will look at all aspects of your health in relation to your fertility and will most likely give you lifestyle and diet advice aimed at helping you conceive, as well as prescribing herbs to take.

Do make sure you see a properly accredited practitioner however.

The National Institute of Medicinal Herbaists (NIMH) can put you in touch with properly qualified professional herbalists in your area.

MurderOfProse Mon 15-Oct-12 20:17:56

I conceived DD2 just before my first fertility appointment to get Clomid too, heh. So that's how it works!!

Agnus Castus has helped me a lot over the years (I have very irregular cycles) but after a load of chemical pregnancies recently I decided to try soy last cycle. I didn't conceive, but it brought my O day forward by around 5 days. I'll give it one more try this coming cycle and then I'll go back to the Agnus Castus.

Like you I was tempted by the online prescription Clomid but I could not bear the thought of triplets or OHSS I think it is.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: