Talk

Advanced search

Trying not to get my hopes up...but...

(6 Posts)
JeffActually Sat 13-Oct-12 23:30:34

My periods are lovely and regular, every 27 days on the dot since they restarted after the arrival of DD1.
We have been TTC with great gusto for 9 months with no success. So this month have gone for the very unscientific - every other day for three weeks.

On Sept 1st I stopped breastfeeding. My next period arrived 4 days early and now the one I have been expecting to arrive between 23-27 days is now officially over 24 hours late (i am nearly on day 29)

In your experiences does stopping breastfeeding play havoc with periods or should I allow myself to start getting a little excited?

Can not POAS until tomorrow eve at the earliest as I am at my mums and I don't want to get her hopes up!

droitwitchymummy Sun 14-Oct-12 23:21:40

Did you POAS this evening? Hope you had the result you wanted if you did

lolalotta Mon 15-Oct-12 06:43:15

My periods have never been regular since stopping breastfeeding.... sad

JeffActually Mon 15-Oct-12 15:29:49

Just in case anyone ever has a similar question, from all the research I have done over the past few days it appears that, yes, stopping breastfeeding can play havoc with your periods.

However, it seems, so does the BFP that I just got grin

<<very quiet celebration dance so as not to wake DD who has just gone for her afternoon nap>>

sweetfluffybunnies Mon 15-Oct-12 15:32:03

Congratulations!!

lolalotta Wed 17-Oct-12 06:42:40

Oh yes congratulations!!!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now