Talk

Advanced search

When can I test?

(32 Posts)
cupcake78 Sat 13-Oct-12 16:24:13

Last period started 21/09, ov from 4-6th oct. next period due around next fri 19/10?

happylass Sat 13-Oct-12 16:39:07

Oooo cupcake exactly the same AF dates as me though I'm pretty sure I ovd on the 7th. Wondering when to test too confused. Have bought a FRER which can be used up to 6 days before AF due. Thinking tomorrow would be ridiculously too soon? Not keen on testing on a week day and shooting straight off to work, whatever the outcome!

cupcake78 Sat 13-Oct-12 16:44:39

I did one last night after being persuaded by an over excited friend it was a good idea hmm. Surprise it was negative. I've got some cheap £shop ones but am so tempted to do earlier. This waiting is killing me!

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Sat 13-Oct-12 17:00:25

How about Saturday 20/10? It is not a week day and you'll get a clear result. Moreover you'll save yourself peeing over a fiver unnecessarily.

happylass Sat 13-Oct-12 17:03:56

I can literally feel the pg test staring at me from inside the bathroom cabinet. Extremely practical DP (who never let's his heart rule his head) is saying not to test as its way too early and I'll get upset and it'll be a waste of money. I'm only on cycle 1 and have had only phantom no symptoms so I know my chances are slim. But I think I'm gonna do it tomorrow anyway!
Sorry about your BFN but it isn't over til AF rears her ugly head. When are you testing again cupcake?

happylass Sat 13-Oct-12 17:05:22

lovesLemon I know that's the sensible option but not sure I can hold out that long!

cupcake78 Sat 13-Oct-12 17:15:10

Well you ladies have helped me make a pact with myself (for now at least). What is done is done (or not) and the next week I will not test early unless I begin to be sick. I may try Friday?!

If only I could detach my head for the next week it would be no problem grin. I could really do with a sensible practical head instead of an emotionally driven hormonal obsessive head!

memphis83 Sat 13-Oct-12 22:31:44

I came on looking for the same answer, my dates are the same as you so I will test Friday as well.

happylass Sun 14-Oct-12 08:57:05

Sorry lovesLemon I didn't mean to cross out your name in my previous post!
Soooo DP was of course right. It was a complete waste of money and I did get upset. But I've learnt a very valuable TTC lesson and won't be POAS again unless AF is late or maybe a few days before

cupcake78 Sun 14-Oct-12 09:50:02

Oh no, try not to be too upset! Like I said I've already done one and was negative. Feeling a bit sick this morning and everything smells funny (even water!) or am I just imagining it? Time will tell.

happylass Sun 14-Oct-12 12:17:23

Aw I'm fine. Just had a bit of a wobble earlier on. Def gonna leave the POAS alone though until I get some definite symptoms. Let us know how you get on though cupcake

Jollyb Sun 14-Oct-12 13:00:11

Hello all - I'll be testing later this week too. In theory period is due this Wednesday but I think I ov'd late this cycle on 7th - think my cycles are bit mucked up after MC.

I must admit I was naughty and did a test this am (what was I thinking?!!!). Am going to try to hold out til Friday . BTW boots are doing 3 for 2 on healthcare products which includes pregnancy tests.

cupcake78 Sun 14-Oct-12 16:28:56

Lol I'm going to need 3 for 2 at this rate. The days arrrreeee sooooo looooong wink

cupcake78 Mon 15-Oct-12 07:39:03

Ooops I lied, I did one this morning it was a big fat NO sad

Jollyb Mon 15-Oct-12 08:24:45

Cupcake!! I've been good today. It did cross my mind as I ran across the landing for me morning wee. Friday the earliest for me if period doesn't arrive beforehand (yeah right).

Now as for my symptoms - no tender boobs, no nausea just a heightened sense of smell. But then again I didn't feel pregnant at all with DD so not reading too much into this.

cupcake78 Mon 15-Oct-12 08:33:55

I'm hanging my head in shame blush

If I'm not pregnant then I'm ill, feeling sick, dizzy, exhausted, bloated, foul tempered, boobs don't hurt any more but did up until this weekend and they are massive! Can't be bothered to wash my hair this morning which is not like me at all. Could easily have a duvet daysad

cupcake78 Wed 17-Oct-12 06:52:24

Just done another and it's a no! So that's me bowing out of this month and hoping AF is over sooner rather than later! I need cakesad

happylass Wed 17-Oct-12 07:33:07

Ah sorry about the BFN cupcake but it isn't over yet! I've resisted all POAS temptations in the last few days but I feel that AF is on her way now anyway. Only on cycle 1 though so wasn't expecting miracles! Fx for us both

Jollyb Wed 17-Oct-12 07:38:42

I think I'm out too . Period due today but think I'm only 10 DPO . Either way did a FRER this morning and it was negative. Roll on November!

cupcake78 Wed 17-Oct-12 07:43:01

There maybe a line, but it may just be my eyes/evaporation line. The test is pink, I can make out where the second line would be and it looks like its slightly pink. Damn dark mornings and bleary eyes!

Ok ladies best test to take for accurate results please, 2 days early. If I'm right implantation was last Thursday pm as I had to stop walking it hurt so much.

Jollyb Wed 17-Oct-12 08:03:32

FRER or a digital - digis not as sensitive but at least you get a yes/no. (ideally you should wait another couple of days and retest!)

SecretSparkle Wed 17-Oct-12 08:27:19

Cupcake my BFP started as a stupidly faint line on an internet cheapie, so I went out and bought an asda own brand test and low and behold, there the line was. the day after AF was due I used a clearblue digital and the work 'pregnant' came up straght away!!!

Just keep testing!!!

cupcake78 Wed 17-Oct-12 08:33:39

God this waiting is murder! Work today is going to be so long! I'm having to control the smiles incase it's a no.....aaaarrrgggg

cupcake78 Wed 17-Oct-12 13:41:17

There's a line! It's faint it's almost not there but that two different tests telling me there's a line! gringringringringrin

SecretSparkle Wed 17-Oct-12 13:45:02

awww congrats Cupcake if you have the tests keep testing, it'll just keep gettings darker!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now