Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation stick readings...

(7 Posts)
Haylebop12 Wed 10-Oct-12 21:35:39

According to the book my ovu day is today. This is first cycle if using Internet cheapy ovu sticks. Been using then since Sunday and also been Dtd every other day since sat.

Today I have had a faint line, but seeable in the test part. According to instructions this is negative but what does it really mean?
Ovulation impending?

I'm clueless :-(

TIA!

FrankelSaysRelax Wed 10-Oct-12 22:14:54

Ovulation tests detect the surge in Lutinising Hormone (LH), the hormone that triggers ovulation. The test cannot tell you that you are definitely going to ovulate, only that the LH in your system is rising: some women get several surges before actually ovulating. They also cannot tell you that you have ovulated - only a blood test can confirm this.

The best way to use OPKs is in conjunction with other things - charting your temperatures, monitoring your cervical mucus, etc.

Just remember that a 28 day cycle is actually pretty uncommon, don't trust a book to tell you when you will ovulate - trust your body and the signs it gives you. Plenty of sex - 3 times a week will cover it - is the only way to maximise your chances.

Good luck!

Haylebop12 Wed 10-Oct-12 22:17:34

Fortunately I DO have a 28 day cycle!

I didn't realise you could have more than one LH surge so ill just keep going! I was having some ewcm on Sunday however so I'm very confused!

After 5 mins the test looked pretty much a positive tbh!

didireallysaythat Wed 10-Oct-12 22:22:23

I have a 28 day cycle but my LH peaked 5 days after the packets suggested was the norm. Took me a couple of packets to figure that out, but once I'd got it figured out everything was plain sailing

Haylebop12 Wed 10-Oct-12 22:26:35

I guess I'll just keep going then!!!

HaveALittleFaith Thu 11-Oct-12 08:36:05

I never had any joy with the cheap ones! They never got as dark as the control line. I tried the clearblue ones instead - yes much more expensive but the smile was much clearer.

Haylebop12 Thu 11-Oct-12 11:13:45

When I check back is was a definite positive so Dtd anyway and will tomorrow.
This WILL be my month!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now