Talk

Advanced search

Natural Progesterone Cream

(5 Posts)
MistressofPemberley Tue 09-Oct-12 16:04:19

Anyone tried it? Is it safe to self-medicate? Have worries that my luteal phase is what has caused early MCs and CPs in the past. Have got it up to 12 days through diet and acupuncture. Progesterone is borderline low (26 when it should be greater than 30 according to my GP) but they classified it as normal and didn't request a retest.
Have bought preseed too to see if that helps.

Anyone got any experiences to share?

Thanks

Christelle2207 Tue 09-Oct-12 17:03:30

Hi- no but would be keen to find the answer. i know that the non- prescription kinds are not licenced in the uk hence you cam get it on the web but not in chemists which worries me. check out our "short luteal phase gang" thread. my issue is due to, i think, underactive thyroid. worth ruling that out if you haven' t already.
12 should be ok though- under 10 is problematic. im about 8.

MistressofPemberley Tue 09-Oct-12 17:18:10

Thanks Christelle.
Still humming and hawing about when to go for western (as opposed to my hocus pocus eastern) intervention. Might give it until the new year then see my GP to ask a referral for more tests. Or just pay for them myself privately.
It's all a bit bloody crap isn't it?

Christelle2207 Tue 09-Oct-12 17:24:58

yes. bear in mind nhs help takes an age though. i started the ball rolling in feb, have had various test and i finally have date with consultant in november!

MistressofPemberley Tue 09-Oct-12 21:16:47

Good luck for November. I might drop over to your other thread, so see you there maybe!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now