Talk

Advanced search

When to have sex &CM

(5 Posts)
cosysocks Mon 08-Oct-12 16:54:44

Ok so been to toilet and had lots of CM when I wiped (TMI sorry), so is tonight the night to dtd?
I'm aware we should be doing it more often, but circumstances haven't allowed this month.
I've read fertility bible and still can't make sense of if this is the day or if now it's too late?

Hippolyta20 Mon 08-Oct-12 17:07:48

Hi cosysocks. From what I understand the best time is the two days before/after you ovulate.

Everyone has different symptoms for this but CM and a rise in temp (take first thing each morning) are the most common.

You can also get a rough estimate based on your cycle. If you are exactly 4 weeks, then it is meant to be roughly 14 days from the start of your cycle. If you are over 4 weeks, then it is meant to be 14 days backwards from the end.

We worked out the estimate using that and then tried to have sex at least every other day that week. - 12 weeks pg now so seemed to work!

The best thing though is just as much sex as possible, so if you have the chance to tonight then I would! wink

HaveALittleFaith Tue 09-Oct-12 08:36:37

I agree, the best way to hit the right time is to try to have sex regularly - after a long time TTC every other day became too much! But - three times a week should be enough (it was for us in the end).

What does the CM look like? Is it clear and stretchy?

cosysocks Tue 09-Oct-12 12:34:36

Yes, really gloppy. Dtd last night just incase.
Is it best to have dtd prior to seeing CM or after?

HaveALittleFaith Tue 09-Oct-12 13:27:51

Both! Ideally when you have it - basically it acts like a ladder for swimmers to climb up. I fell pregnant dtd the day before I saw it - just good timing. It basically indicates your body is gesting up to ovulate in the next couple of days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now