Talk

Advanced search

BFN on early pregnancy test, 4 days early, any chance result might change?

(9 Posts)
llamallama Sun 30-Sep-12 14:44:55

Hi

I used a sensitive test (super drug) and it says you can use from 4 days before your period is due.

This morning I tested, 4 days early and it's negative. Is that it?

Has anyone used these tests and waited a few more days and had a different result?

bonzo77 Sun 30-Sep-12 14:57:34

yes, it could change. Depending on when you ovulated there might not be enough hcg for even a very sensitive test to detect. Try again when your period is actually due, or better still late.

MrsHelsBels74 Sun 30-Sep-12 14:59:57

I was getting negatives until I was a week late. Currently looking at my 10 day old son from that frantic time of testing!

llamallama Sun 30-Sep-12 15:06:57

Ok, thank you!

I have ordered some eBay tests, so they won't arrive for another couple of days....that will force me to wait and give me a little bit more hope!

llamallama Sun 30-Sep-12 15:07:38

Helsbels - congrats on your new arrival!! 10 days...bless x

LifesAHappySong Mon 01-Oct-12 14:10:21

Yep - I got a negative on a Superdrug HPT at 4+1!! I tested again at 4+4 and got an instant positive on the same test. I guess the 4 days early doesn't work for everyone. Good luck!

MrsHelsBels74 Mon 01-Oct-12 14:50:02

Thank you & hope you get a BFP soon!

getoffthecoffeetable Mon 01-Oct-12 19:08:10

Hi
Good luck with a BFP. Just thought I'd drop you a line to let you know you're not alone on this one! I just did my early response (Superdrug) test and got a BFN. It says it works up to 6 days before due on. Am going to try and stop being so obsessed about it leave it until due on and keep my fingers crossed for the while intervening time.
Keep thinking positive thoughts and hopefully you'll get that BFP soon.

BettyFlutterbly Mon 01-Oct-12 19:33:07

My AF is due around 7th so I might be testing with you ladies. I might try tohgc wait until 10th.
Hcg usually doubles every 48 hrs so they say it's best to test again in a couple of days if you can wait that long!!
Fingers crossed for bfps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now