Talk

Advanced search

Charting temps?

(5 Posts)
snowcloud Thu 27-Sep-12 22:51:56

I am trying to get to grips with charting. Im using fertility friend and charting my temps in degrees. What are your temps usually like after ovulation? Do they vary ever cycle or stick to a pattern? What were they like when/if you became pregnant? thank you in advance X

juneybean Thu 27-Sep-12 23:15:44

Apparently it's meant to be rise the day after ovulation but mines confusing me this month, it's very up and down but I suspect that's more to do with my sleeping pattern!

When pregnant it's meant to remain high I think.

snowcloud Fri 28-Sep-12 22:05:37

Thanks for reply can anyone give example temps?

RancerDoo Fri 28-Sep-12 22:09:28

Your temperature will go up after you ovulate. If you then have 18 days of elevated temps you are pregnant.
Do you want to post a link to your chart and I can take a look?
There are pregnancy charts etc available on Fertility friend so you can see what some look like, but they will vary greatly as women's temps naturally vary.

HaveALittleFaith Sat 29-Sep-12 18:12:19

The longer I used it, the better it got at indicating ovulation. I tended to ovulate around CD11/12 of a 27 day average cycle. My temps would vary a bit and then peak after ovulation and stay high for about 14-16 days (my average luteal phase). I found using a Fahrenheit thermometer more accurate than a Celsius one. I also took it the sane time each day (even weekends such was my dedication!). Have you done/thought about doing the charting course in the FF website? I found it really helpful,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now