Talk

Advanced search

Negative Reactions ttc age 44

(7 Posts)
TracyS1968 Tue 25-Sep-12 23:03:52

Hi All

Newbie to mumsnet. I'm 44, have 1 dd who is seven. We have not used contraception since dd was 2, but not gotten pg, figured we were lucky to have dd and let nature take it's course.

I have regular periods and recently have been taking ovulation tests which are positive. Got doc appointment on monday to have a chat. Some people seem ok but family have been negative, calling us naive, get on with our lives etc.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Tracy

VerySouthLondon Tue 25-Sep-12 23:16:07

Bugger everyone else and what they think.

Hope the doctor's goes OK. Good luck. smile

CaliBee Wed 26-Sep-12 07:38:29

Raaaaa.....why do others always think they know best. I'm 42 and ttc after 15 year gap with new partner. I havent even told people as I cant be arsed with their negative and unwanted replies. Come and join us on the Fantastic 40 + thread, nothing but support there smile

QTPie Wed 26-Sep-12 07:51:28

There are obviously issues being an older parent (I am 38 TTC #2, my Dad was 44 when I was born), but those are for you to weigh up and either listen to or ignore as you wish. Nobody else's business.

I am so sorry that you haven't conceived naturally. We are looking at ICSI (Husband's sperm count is very low).

Really good luck smile

wrighty2010 Wed 26-Sep-12 12:30:58

Just wanted to say keep smiling!! Its hard when you feel you havent got any support, people who arent going through it just dont understand, take care, hope it goes well with the doctor!! xx

TracyS1968 Wed 26-Sep-12 22:16:11

Hi Guys

Thank you so much for your kind and insoiring words, really boosted my spirits particularly as AF came this morning.
Think i'm going to like it here!
Tracy x

blondebaby111 Thu 27-Sep-12 13:00:44

Don't give up and bugger what anyone else thinks..your life!!! it's so easy for other people to say geton with your lives but sadly they are the usually the ones that don't know how painful it is each month to keep trying. Hope u get on ok at doctors xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now