Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Advice welcomed.....am I just paranoid?

(3 Posts)
trickortreat11 Tue 25-Sep-12 11:04:07

Found myself on mumsnet after trying to figure out whats going on ! Me and DP are not ttc at the moment although we both very much want children we are both about to start new jobs so thought it would be better to wait until we are both settled. To cut a long story short we had an accident after a night out and didn't use protection (first time we have ever done this ! shock ).
I didn't really think about it until last week when I noticed I had sore nipples all the time. My boobs usually get sore before AF but never nipples (sorry if this is tmi!) AF was due AROUND sunday however I don't think my cycles are regular last one was 27days today would be day 30 . I have had mild cramping and twinges on and off since sunday which made me think AF would come (normally I have and hour or so of cramps and period arrives) however still nothing. It was all I could think about so I did a test this morning and it was negative.
I guess I am just being super paranoid and AF will appear any minute as I can be a bit of a worrier blush . But I just can't seem to shake this feeling ? Any thought's greatly welcomed x

Irishmammybread Tue 25-Sep-12 11:45:22

Hi, I think all you can do is wait a couple of days and try again using first morning urine. Some tests are more sensitive than others, a lot of people find First Response tests are good . As you don't know exactly when you ovulated I suppose it's difficult to know how late you are but some people don't get a positive result as soon as others.
Good luck, hope you get the result you're looking for.

trickortreat11 Tue 25-Sep-12 13:34:35

Firstly I just wanted to say good luck to everyone ttc. I hope my post doesn't offend anyone , me and DP desperately want children we were just trying to wait until the time was right. That isn't to say that a BFP would'nt be a nice yet scary surprise.
Thanks yes I think I just need to be a bit more patient and see what happens .
Do many people get negatives early on and then wait and get a positive?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now