Talk

Advanced search

+ve opk after ovulation?i

(9 Posts)
Onlyhappywhenitrains Mon 24-Sep-12 20:11:27

Is this possible? I am pretty certain I ovulated on Saturday, unfortunately it was four days earlier than I expected and my husband was away Saturday. I had a +ve opk on Saturday but it was still +ve on Sunday afternoon when happily dh was home! 99% we were too late this month but is it possible to have a +ve opk after ovulation? Or only before? Everything I've read seems to suggest only before but as I said I'm fairly sure I'd already ovulated on the Saturday, had the cramping and the sharp pain.

Thanks.

FrankelSaysRelax Mon 24-Sep-12 20:14:52

Yes it is possible. An OPK can only tell you that you might ovulate, not that you will. You can experience several surges of LH (what the OPK reads) as your body gears up for ovulation but the OPK can't tell any difference between the different types of surge.

Onlyhappywhenitrains Mon 24-Sep-12 20:18:00

I'm almost certain that I did ovulate on the Saturday, so would the hormone have still been there on the Sunday to cause the positive opk? It was a clear blue smiley face one so there was no doubt!

RightUpMyRue Mon 24-Sep-12 20:21:21

What's your CM like? After OV it usually goes quite dry. I wouldn't trust just OPKs, look at all the clues you can before you stop SWI.

FrankelSaysRelax Mon 24-Sep-12 20:24:08

The LH surge only lasts a maximum of 48hrs, usually less. In theory it is possible.

Do you chart your temperatures? It's the only way, apart from a blood test, to confirm that you've actually ovulated.

letskiwithisthing Mon 24-Sep-12 20:42:06

Omg this is exactly the same as happened to me this weekend! Pretty sure I ov'd on Friday and then my temp rose on Sat morning which seemed to confirm it...........but.........then I had a positive cb OPK on Saturday and on Sunday morning with FMU and hadn't had one on the Friday morning!!!

Was sure I had already ov'd by the Sat but DTD Sat and Sunday anyway! Then today my temp fell again slightly so god knows what's happening confused

Onlyhappywhenitrains Mon 24-Sep-12 21:08:59

Most cm was on Saturday but still there yesterday, although less so. Gone today.
I am hoping against hope that we didn't miss our chance because dh is away pretty much from now until January, only here the odd day or weekend.

I don't think I am pregnant though, when I had ds I knew immediately, don't know how but I just did and I don't feel like that now!

RightUpMyRue Mon 24-Sep-12 21:14:07

I think you OVed on Sunday. I think you're in with a good chance smile

Onlyhappywhenitrains Mon 24-Sep-12 21:19:37

Thank you right I was so cross that I was early, dh is around this week when i was expecting to ovulate. Usually I am 28 days exactly, 14 and then 14, trust ovulation to be early this month!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now