Talk

Advanced search

4 days late, no AF no BFP??

(12 Posts)
RachelHRD Fri 21-Sep-12 14:26:45

Hi all

My cycle has averaged out at 28 days since the beginning of the year with the shortest being last month at an unusual 25 days and longest 29 days. On day 32 at the moment and no sign of AF but did a Superdrug test at lunchtime which was negative. We only DTD once this cycle when I got some CM on day 22. With DD I seemed to ovulate quite late around CD 21/22. Would 10 days post CM be too early to test?

Trying not to get my hopes up!!!
Thx x

RachelHRD Fri 21-Sep-12 18:54:33

Anyone??? smile

catherinel3418 Fri 21-Sep-12 19:35:04

Hi Rachel!
!I have just had exactly the same scenario as your in. Usually 28 day cycles but got to day 32 will all neg tests. I used ov sticks which showed i ov'ed around cycle day 19, and finally today at day 33 (14 days past ov) i got two BFP!!So in my opinion yes I think 10 days post CM is too early, i tested every day 9 days past and all BFN until 14 days past.
If no AF hang on a couple more days, in my opinion no AF means a v.good chance something is going on.
Keep us updated and hope that helps xx

HaveALittleFaith Fri 21-Sep-12 20:00:12

It sounds like you ovulated late. If you are only 10 days post ovulation or possibly even less (you may have ovulated a couple of days after seeing the CM), I think you need to wait a few more days. It will depend on what your luteal phase normally is - any ideas? - as to when your AF would be due. I would give it at least 3 more days before testing. Hope it's good news smile

RachelHRD Fri 21-Sep-12 20:32:32

Congratulations Catherine how exciting!! Is this your first?

It's driving me mad - deep breaths every time I go to the loo! Still nothing so guess I just have to be patient <sigh>. I am very lucky to have 2 DC's already but have a real ache to have one more and at almost 43 and having not used any contraception since we started trying for children in 2005 it's obvious I don't fall pregnant easily!!

Not sure about my current luteal phase - haven't been tracking stuff other than noting when I have CM as whenever I have tried to get pregnant by charting it hasn't worked!!

Thanks x

QTPie Fri 21-Sep-12 20:37:00

Hi Rachel

Honestly it could be either way...

I always had a 28 to 31 day cycle, then - a few months ago - I had a 37 day cycle put of the blue! Tested several times because I just couldn't't believe my cycle was THAT long - all BFN (soon chemical pregnancy or anything). AF just eventually showed up very heavy at CD37. Not sure what went on...

However, as others have said, it could be that you are pregnant and that the HCG levels just aren't high enough yet for the tests.

Good luck and hang in there.

QT

RachelHRD Sun 23-Sep-12 09:14:09

Still no AF aarrgggh!! Trying to hold off testing again for another couple of days....

HaveALittleFaith Sun 23-Sep-12 09:21:07

Oh bless you! I'd try and wait til tomorrow or Tuesday when you'll probably be about 12/13dpo and more likely to get an accurate test result. Make sure you use first morning urine!

<marks spot and wait patiently>

busybeeeee84 Sun 23-Sep-12 12:52:29

Hi again Rachel, its Catherinel3418 (name change). I think its sounding positive but yes as others have said try and hang out a bit more, like I said i only got mine at 14 dpo (in the evening, randomly). In response to your question this is DC2 for us, wasnt anywhere near this competent about ov and AF with DC1 ha!!
I will wait patiently for your results. Good Luck

RachelHRD Mon 24-Sep-12 14:28:26

Still no AF and negative test @ 5.30am when I couldn't sleep! Waah this is seriously stressing me out - I'm trying sooooo hard not to get my hopes up as sods law it's just my body playing cruel tricks on me. However a friend told me I was glowing on Sat eve and looked really well........

Gah - need to hold of until Wed and test again if nothing!

Thx ladies! x

QTPie Mon 24-Sep-12 16:20:25

Good luck.

Try to keep as busy as possible.

RachelHRD Tue 25-Sep-12 10:15:04

AF arrived yesterday evening sad so it seems my body was playing cruel tricks on me sad Still have a slight glimmer of hope as it is very light and I had similar before I got my BFP with DD but not getting my hopes up.
Thx ladies x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now