Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation

(8 Posts)
jksfii Wed 19-Sep-12 19:57:51

Am I definitely ovulating if I'm having regular periods? I've been trying to use the ovulation tests to work out my most fertile time but not seen the lh surge yet?

babyjamesblackberrycrumble Wed 19-Sep-12 20:01:56

How long have you used them and what day of your cycle are you on?

jksfii Thu 20-Sep-12 11:15:46

Hi babyjamesblackberrycrumble, I used them last mth but think I started a bit late so I've used them from the 6th day after my period started which was 12th Sept till last night. Probably being impatient but 41 so time isn't on my side! I know I could ovulate in the next few days so hopefully will see the double line soon. I am having cramps and period like pains which usually happens mid cycle though.

wrighty2010 Thu 20-Sep-12 13:07:04

Hi, not sure if it will help but I read a post on another site from a natural fertility exert on how to tel if you are fertile, I found it quite interseting, I will put the link at the end of message for you. I realised I was tryng at the wrong time of the month so that was why I was not getting pregnant! hope this helps, good luck xx http://forum.prideangel.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=537

akuabadoll Fri 21-Sep-12 08:09:08

You are not definitely ovulating if you are having regular periods, but it's a good sign. If you are using the cheap internet sticks, I have a suggestion that may help. If you start to see a second line, not as strong as the control, start testing twice a day if you manage it (avoiding first pee in the morning). I have a short surge, I only see one postive, and as a word of warning, it seems from my temp chart that I ovulate the same day as I see the +. Hope that helps.

jksfii Sun 23-Sep-12 13:52:13

Thanks everyone for your replies, I finally got the double line on Friday - Yay! So my lovely other half has had a great weekend! Fingers crossed for everyone TTC. smile

babyjamesblackberrycrumble Sun 23-Sep-12 14:24:22

Great that you worked out the lines smile I use the Clear Blue digital which shows a smiley face. FX for you.

HaveALittleFaith Sun 23-Sep-12 14:56:10

I never had much joy on the cheap ones. I really liked the smile clear blue ones. Not cheap but once you have the first one you can but refills online.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now