Talk

Advanced search

negative home tests, but every other symptom???

(15 Posts)
squeakytoy Wed 19-Sep-12 10:17:56

morning..

I am 42, no kids, no contraception used for last 12 years, given up on the idea that it will ever happen... (I had a miscarriage when I was 16 at about 8 weeks, and one at about 6 weeks when I was in my late 20's)

Periods reasonably regular, never go longer than 28 days, usual average is 26 days. It is now 38 days since last period, and we have had sex during that time.

I feel sick, have been sick a few times, but put it down to the anti-biotics I have taken (although they have never made me sick before), got a metallicky taste in my mouth, coffee which I usually love tastes weird and makes me feel sick too, nipples have been ultra sensitive for last couple of days now, and (sorry for the tmi) have had discharge which has been gluey, mostly clear, but also a bit pinky a couple of days ago, which has now stopped.. got almost permanent acid indigestion too.. feel knackered.. have also put a couple of pounds on in weight, when I have not really been eating all that much and should by rights have lost weight..

I have done a cheapo pregnancy test and it was negative.....

squeakytoy Wed 19-Sep-12 10:18:45

oh, and I have also completely gone off alcohol, which is definately not me!!

Mollydoggerson Wed 19-Sep-12 10:24:57

Buy another few tests, clearblue digital and see how you get on.

Fingers crossed.

cherryblue Fri 21-Sep-12 22:27:10

Antibiotics can knock a cycle off...I missed two periods after a very stressful time at work and having an infection.doc said it was down to that and just did a hormone check. Right enough af arrived the next month. If you're certain id def try another test and DC for you!

cherryblue Fri 21-Sep-12 22:27:45

Oh that should read fx silly auto correct!

DamnTheManSaveTheEmpire Fri 21-Sep-12 22:33:35

I would second poas with a digital test. To me it sounds like you are pg, ESP the leaky boobs and being sick part. Good luck and keep us posted!

DamnTheManSaveTheEmpire Sat 22-Sep-12 20:15:15

Update op?

squeakytoy Sat 22-Sep-12 20:41:13

Still negative... Still no period... Still fingers crossed smile

squeakytoy Sun 23-Sep-12 12:21:07

Faint second pink line (very faint) on a poundshop test stick this morning so please keep fingers crossed smile

DamnTheManSaveTheEmpire Sun 23-Sep-12 12:37:56

Faint second pink line? You're pregnant! Keeping everything crossed for you! Use a digi test!

Dillydollydaydream Sun 23-Sep-12 12:39:02

Ooooh. Fingers tightly crossed.

papooshka Sun 23-Sep-12 12:42:22

With my second child, I was about 10 days over until a test showed positive...fingers crossed for you!

squeakytoy Sun 23-Sep-12 12:52:15

Thanks. Will get another test (digi) for tomorrow morning. Am trying not to get my hopes up too much at the moment.

DamnTheManSaveTheEmpire Sun 23-Sep-12 13:02:23

Good luck squeakytoy! Keeps us posted.

DamnTheManSaveTheEmpire Mon 24-Sep-12 20:07:39

Any news? Keeping fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now