Talk

Advanced search

Anyone ever conceive first cycle after a MC?

(9 Posts)
babyjamesblackberrycrumble Tue 18-Sep-12 14:55:53

I'm looking for stories of hope. Had a MC last month and am now on a WTF cycle. After a very low week last week I am trying to be more positive and am letting myself dare to dream!

MurderOfProse Tue 18-Sep-12 15:49:26

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Yep, I have, after a chemical. I've also conceived another chemical after a chemical before too! People say that you're supposed to be more fertile but I've never looked into any research on the subject so I don't know what that is based upon or how true it is.

Good luck!!

QTPie Tue 18-Sep-12 18:08:08

Sorry for your loss.

Yes, I did: had a very early MC, had the recommended "cycle off" (actually good for "closure" - a period just proved that I wasn't still pregnant... Eternal optimist, I know), then tried next cycle and got pregnant straight away away! DS now 2 years 7 months.

Bearing in mind it took 11 months to conceive before the MC, I was very relieved!

Good luck x

Slainte Thu 20-Sep-12 12:16:14

Sorry to hear of your MC.

I conceived my DD the month following an early MC. She's now nearly two smile

sweetkitty Thu 20-Sep-12 12:22:56

Yes I did.

The weird thing was I bled for a few weeks with the MC then 2 weeks later had my period, my body must have been ovulating whilst MCing. 4 weeks after that I had my BFP, she's now 4 and an utter joy, I also had a threatened mc with her and thought I had lost her too so she truly is our special girl.

So sorry to hear of your MC but a lot of women I know are pregnant again quite soon after.

babyjamesblackberrycrumble Thu 20-Sep-12 17:41:12

Thanks for all your responses. It's great to hear that it can happen. I'm now about 4 days into 2 week wait and am going stir crazy! Am hoping so much that I am one of those luck ones. We didn't wait at all QT as we were given no advice or info hmm

Slainte Thu 20-Sep-12 21:51:58

Good luck babyjames my Ob-gyn told me that there is no reason to wait. He also said that there are some new studies which may indicate that we are more fertile the month after a MC - though this was just a throwaway comment so don't quote me on it!

I know it's hard not to pin everything on your 2ww but remember to be kind to yourselves too.

Ninunina Sun 23-Sep-12 08:32:53

I got pregnant during my WTF cycle after a mc at 7 weeks. Had a very uneventful pregnancy and now have a gorgeous dd who is 10 months old. The only confusing bit was dating the pregnancy, though I can't say it was an issue or a concern to my doctor.
I'm so glad I didn't wait! Best of luck xxx

babyjamesblackberrycrumble Sun 23-Sep-12 14:19:20

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I think I have another week to wait but have been having low abdominal pain since last Thursday so not feeling hopeful. MC truely sucks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now