Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to have a two day heavy bleed and be pregnant?

(33 Posts)
tousled Mon 13-Aug-12 23:49:54

What I thought was my period started Saturday morning, it was as heavy as normal (and my periods are heavy) and carried on exactly the same through Sunday. Oddly I had no period pain/cramping..

Then, this morning I woke to find I was no longer bleeding, just a bit of pink spotting when I wiped until this afternoon.. I've never had a short period before, they've always been 5 days.

I've always thought women that do bleed around the time of their period and then find out they're pregnant mistake light bleeding/spotting for a period, but this was heavy..

Obviously I'm going to do a test tomorrow.. but while I wait for morning, has anyone experienced similar? arrgh or what if it was my period.. what's happening to them! confused

tousled Tue 14-Aug-12 07:51:15

Does anybody have any ideas why I'd have a period/bleed like this? I've just done a first response test which was negative.. I don't know what to think sad

kilmuir Tue 14-Aug-12 08:01:15

I have very heavy period for 2 or 3 days , nothing for a day then normal period. I have fibroids though.

tousled Tue 14-Aug-12 10:59:31

Worried now it might start up again! nothing so far today, it's bizarre.. anyone else had odd bleeding like this?

nikki1992 Tue 01-Mar-16 12:17:04

any one got a reason for their light periods?
i heavy and normal last 4-5 days not 3 days light
i dont like google searching its gives you always pregancy ,, watched programmed called "i didnt know i was pregnant"
its says you CAN have bleeding during pregnacy in first and whole pregnacy and not have any problems , you CAN get pregnant while using CONDOMS.. every pregnacy is different

Marybcd17 Sun 19-Feb-17 23:06:14

Can some help I was due my period on 13 Feb had nothing then that friday 17 had spotting then 18 become heavy and then on 19 it completely stop done preg test week are so go it negative not sure what to do? Has this happen to any one are does any one know my period useal last 5 days all ways on think thanks

phoebe2016 Mon 20-Feb-17 14:49:05

Hello. I had a 2 day, full on bleed and then discovered i was pregnant a couple of weeks later, so that "period" must have been a heavy implantation bleed! Im 22+5 now smile

Marybcd17 Mon 20-Feb-17 18:57:15

Hiya phoebe congratulations it was very light on Friday then got bit heavy on Saturday then in early hours Sunday there was nothing really confused it useal on time and last 5 days will prob test if doesn't come next month are in few days are weeks thanks phoebe hope your keep well

Jessiecat27 Mon 20-Feb-17 21:43:19

I'm glad I found this thread! I started spotting around two weeks late (or two weeks early if I skipped one?) then bled a bit and back to spotting on/off for three days. Normally my periods last 5/6 really heavy (tmi) and I'm usually in agony so this just seemed really odd for me? Bfn so I'm a bit confused and just waiting to see what happens!

Hatemylifenow Mon 20-Feb-17 21:47:11

This thread is from 2012, you'd be better off starting a thread of your own.

Marybcd17 Mon 20-Feb-17 22:14:27

Jessiecat27 so I'm I I was due mine on 13 Feb nothing trun up then that fri took a bit stopping and on Saturday heavy and on Sunday all stop and still nothing today I'm use comes for 5 days and al way on time, but has this time
Have u taking a preg test nite be early stage?

Jessiecat27 Mon 20-Feb-17 22:21:51

I was driving myself mad testing, I haven't tested for about a week so I may buy some more cheap tests tomorrow! My doctor thinks it's just an odd period that happens sometimes but I'm not convinced, I also now don't know whether that's classed as a period so I have no idea when I'm next due! It's frustrating isn't it!

Mary17 Tue 21-Feb-17 08:10:31

Yea it very frustrating, I know I don't know if I count my two days and done test 2 weeks ago come neg then done one Friday before the Monday I due it was same would drive banana, I mite doing same going buy few cheap tests

Jessiecat27 Tue 21-Feb-17 09:06:06

Think I'll buy some cheapies and then just play the waiting game, good luck!

Willow25 Tue 21-Feb-17 11:28:34

Hi, hope you don't mind me joining on to this thread for some advice? I am TTC #1 and came off the pill in November. All BFNs ever since and then had to go for my smear. Went along and they told me I couldn't have it due to TTC so recently so they needed to know for sure that I wasn't pregnant. I had to abstain for nearly two weeks and go back for smear last Friday.

Period this month was 10th Feb and only lasted a few days. Today I went to the loo and had fresh red blood when wiping. Obviously wasn't expecting to see this! Hopefully won't have to wait long for smear results and that will put my mind at rest but does anyone have any idea why I might be bleeding today? Trying to stay off google...

Jessiecat27 Tue 21-Feb-17 12:21:46

I know some people still bleed if they're pregnant but might not be, give it a few days maybe then test again?

Mary17 Tue 21-Feb-17 12:39:45

Yea I'll play waiting game too good luck you too

That bright red bleed mite be a setting bleed were egg sick to ur womb I think have u done any test last few day if not wait till this time next week and see hope your ok

Parastars Tue 21-Feb-17 14:54:00

Just to add, I had a heavy bleed into the toilet after bm (sorry for the TMI!) so thought my period had started a few days early. I was frustrated as this would have meant too short a luteal phase.
Anyway, I put a tampon in and only got a bit of brown that then faded away, lasting around 24 hours altogether.
A few days later, I got my BFP smile
Fingers crossed it sticks as I'm only about 4 and a half weeks.
Good luck!

Jessiecat27 Tue 21-Feb-17 14:58:23

Oh congratulations and good luck! There's still hope for us then! (:

Mary17 Tue 21-Feb-17 20:16:21

Aww that's brilliant and congratulations missy smilesmile

Mary17 Tue 21-Feb-17 20:16:42

Yea we still have hope smile

Parastars Wed 22-Feb-17 14:26:03

Thank you smile

Willow25 Wed 22-Feb-17 21:32:20

Haven't tested at all, going to wait it out. Should I wait until next period is due? 11th March according to my app. Not getting my hopes up at all as slight bleeding continued today but still very red when wiping. It doesn't seem like an early period at the moment as not enough to want to use a tampon. Why are our bodies so confusing??? confused

Jessiecat27 Wed 22-Feb-17 22:59:32

Willow25 its frustrating isn't it! I held off and tested earlier but still bfn, totally confused! I'd say try and wait but I'm an obsessive tester myself so I can't talk! 🙈

Willow25 Wed 22-Feb-17 23:07:56

Aw sorry to hear about your BFN Jessiecat27. I've been guilty of that in the past but I just know that I will be sulking over another BFN if I do test now. I've been an obsessive mn lurcher and google searcher instead and everyone seems to say that a red bleed is unlikely to be the sign I'm after. Boo. Have you been trying for long?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now