Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Damaged Fallopian Tubes

(12 Posts)
ruthieruthuk Sun 12-Aug-12 17:45:12

Hi I have started a new thread as I have just found out I have damaged Fallopian tubes and I'm looking for people out there that are in the same boat.

I was told after OP that I have grade one damage however at follow up consultation damage looks much worse, my tubes will only work under pressure and my tubes are also coiled, therefore my next stage is IVF.

They have said I could still conceive naturally but my chances are limited, as to someone with normal tubes, but if my tubes are damages and only work under pressure I don't see how this can be...

KylieP Mon 13-Aug-12 13:36:34

Hi, so sorry - but I thought I'd post to let you know I messaged someone on here the other day and she said she had partially blocked tubes and the dye went through as a slower rate than usual but she'd managed to get pregnant. She got the fallopian tube damage from chlymidia, is that what happened with yours? I am anxious about it but in the very early stages of having problems looked into. Wishing you so much luck. By the way, did you have really irregular periods or spotting or anything - are they the symptoms of fallopian tube damage?

ruthieruthuk Mon 13-Aug-12 19:03:13

Hi Kylie

Thanks for your message.

I have found out from doc that I have damaged tubes and that my tubes will only work under pressure, I guess its similar to the other lady you've been speaking to, how long have you been TTC, are you TTC your first child? The dye did go through my tubes in the HSG however this only happened when pressure was applied, I have also been told and shown pictures of them showing coiling, so they are not straight which they should be, I have never had Chlymidia but I have had a lot of problems with urine infections as a child and as a adult, and I did have a small cyst removed from my ovaries back in 2002 but I don't see how this could of affected them.. Doctor says I can still conceive but my chances are much lower than a person with no problems, therefore I am going to be having IVF as a next step and I'm also cutting out smoking and drinking completely to increase my chances to a max.

My periods have been strange as well, I once bled, a dark brown discharge for about 2 months possibly more, I used to be on the implant and thought this could be due to maybe this but its difficult to say, periods seem to have settled down now touch wood, but only just, I'm not sure if this is a symptom or not.

R x

ruthieruthuk Mon 31-Oct-16 23:09:04

I would just like to add to this post that despite having damaged fallopian tubes i have managed to conceive and birth three healthy boys, naturally, so to anyone reading this don't give up hope

ruthieruthuk Mon 04-Sep-17 19:59:40

The doctors gave me a 10% chance of being able to conceive naturally, I am now pregnant with my forth boy and my eldest is only four! I have certainly proved them wrong! I remember when they told me I was in tears, and after my first failed IVF cycle I wasn't sure if we would ever have children, but doing IVF seemed to sort something in my body.

Pregnancy hasn't been straight forward n it has taken time to fall on, 2yrs with my first, and roughly 9month for each child afterward.

TheChineseChicken Mon 04-Sep-17 20:03:44

Wow!

Loosemoose28 Mon 04-Sep-17 20:17:50

I only have one tube due to ectopic.
I had a dye test and fell pregnant in first cycle after that. Are you TTC now? Doctor said to try ASAP as dye test clears it all out x

clairettc Mon 04-Sep-17 21:19:03

Thank you for the happy message! Lovely to hear about your expanding family x

TinyBarista Mon 04-Sep-17 21:29:03

Thanks for the update, so nice to read what has happened since your initial 'bad news'. Pleased for you x

ruthieruthuk Mon 04-Sep-17 22:27:36

I'm 30 wk pregnant Loosemoore

Thanks it's just nice to give people hope out there, sometimes the body has its way of working things out

Loosemoose28 Tue 05-Sep-17 16:54:32

Baby.brain here just saw this was an update from 2012.shock

Awesome 4 under 4's!!!! I love it. Secretly want a house full of littleones.

ArchiesMamaBird Tue 05-Sep-17 16:59:27

I have a DS who is 3.5 (conceived naturally, very easily) and we've been trying to conceive again for 14 months now. I had a hycosy 2 months ago and I've been told that I have a blocked left tube, so our chances are reduced and they've advised we try IVF.

But this thread has given me so much hope! Hue congratulations OP on your 3 boys, and I wish you well with the remainder of your current pregnancy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now