Talk

Advanced search

How long does it take the Pill to work itself out of your system?

(9 Posts)
jaffacakehips Mon 02-Jul-12 09:14:59

Looking for any advice on Rigevidon does anyone knows roughly how long it took them to conceive once coming off it?

Before and after DD was born I was on Microgynon, which I liked and had no problems with. Since DD was about 6 months my new GP prescribe me Rigevidon, which made me feel really sick so I come off it in March once DD turned 1. With Microgynon I was pregnant with DD within a month of stopping it, so just wondering if maybe Rigevidon isn't fully out of my system yet.

Any advice would be ace.

Thanks,

SucksToBeMe Tue 03-Jul-12 18:27:04

Bump.

jaffacakehips Tue 03-Jul-12 19:08:13

Thanks for bumping Sucks

Anyone?

daisyrosie Tue 03-Jul-12 19:42:12

I've not taken the specific pill you mentioned, but I came off yasmin in mid march and my cycles have been irregular since. My doctor said that can take up to 6 months for your periods to settle. If you're worried maybe book an appointment even if its just for your own reassurance.

CaveMum Tue 03-Jul-12 21:59:49

I don't think it is true that the pill takes time to leave your system. After all you can get pregnant after just missing one tablet! Drs usually won't investigate unless you've been experiencing problems for 6+ months.

I was on the Pill for the best part of 14 years. When I came off it to TTC I though my lack of periods was due to the hormones still being in my system. Turns out I have PCOS and do not ovulate on a regular basis, the Pill was just masking my symptoms.

DonkeyTeapot Tue 03-Jul-12 22:04:37

I was taking Brevinor for about 12 years, and fell pregnant within a fortnight of stopping. I was expecting irregular periods for the first few months, so didn't cotton on I was pregnant for ages! Sorry, I have no experience of Rigevidon, but wanted to say I agree with CaveMum.

SucksToBeMe Wed 04-Jul-12 17:50:57

The first time i came off the pill i became pregnant the next month. Just starting ttc,so came off yasmin on monday and AFish flow started yesterday. So i will let you know what happens this time!.

Good luck jaffa!

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 04-Jul-12 19:27:24

The pill leaves your system very soon after taking the last tablet.

Your doc is not correct to assume that it can take ages for the pill to leave your system. Irregular periods more often than not are caused by hormonal imbalances particularly if the menstrual cycle stays irregular.

Frankiefirmin10 Tue 31-May-16 14:53:43

Hey I know this post was posted ages ago but thought I would just add some information. It's not the pill that takes ages to leave your system, once you stop taking it, it's out of your system. What can take time is for your body to return to its normal cycle. You should experience a withdrawal bleed, and then hopefully you should receive your natural period within 2-4 weeks of not taking it, but you could get pregnant straight away after stopping your pill, which is why they recommend you to use conception if you don't want to conceive. It's also okay to start trying to get pregnant straight away, there is nothing proven that trying for a baby straight away can harm it but they do recommend to at least wait until your first natural period. Hope this helps anyone! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now