Talk

Advanced search

Disgusting question for all you charters out there

(9 Posts)
Whysoserious Thu 20-Oct-11 08:21:41

What type (if any) CM do you usually have before AF?

I currently have very watery CM and a feeling of 'wetness' and mild (but very definite) abdominal cramps. I'm 10dpo but day 33 of what is usually between a 32 and 36 day cycle.

Pretty certain that AF is on her way so clutching at straws with the whole CM thing.

So, to summarise, what is your CM like just before AF?

mrsden Thu 20-Oct-11 08:27:16

I get a lot of CM just before AF arrives. It is wet, clear and stretchy, just like the ewcm I see before ovulation. But fingers crossed for you that yours is a sign of pregnancy, not AF.

Whysoserious Thu 20-Oct-11 08:29:56

Hmm thanks mrsden just as I thought. Sounds exactly like mine and I know AF in imminent really. I'm just trying to find any sign that could possibly mean otherwise sad

mrsden Thu 20-Oct-11 08:32:22

it's not over until AF arrives though so don't give up hope yet. I think some people do report wet CM before a BFP. But for me it is a sign of AF. Good luck.

PieMistress Thu 20-Oct-11 09:00:11

Last month I had loads of very creamy CM and also a bit of very stretchy CM for a few days before AF. I had read it could also be a sign of pregnancy so allowed myself to get my hopes up but sadly wasn't my month. It was very strange as i'd never noticed that much CM before AF before so have put it down to all the vitamins I seem to be taking nowdays!

farfallarocks Thu 20-Oct-11 09:16:14

I get this too, apparently its the oestrogen rising again before af OR pregnancy!
Yes, another, 'could be af, could be pregnancy' symptom to drive us all insane!

Whysoserious Thu 20-Oct-11 09:35:02

It's one of life's cruel games that AF and pregnancy symptoms seem to be exactly the same isn't it angry

kalidasa Thu 20-Oct-11 17:33:48

Watery cf in the days before the period is normal - apparently it's not really cf, it's because as the womb lining begins to break down, water (or something similar) is lost first. I've charted for years and I've noticed this very consistently. So may not be a great sign I'm afraid but on the otherhand if it's unusual for you it might be . . .

IfAtFirstUDontSucceed Thu 20-Oct-11 20:14:05

Yes, I get lots of watery CM before AF, I'm constanly dashing to the loo after I get a 'wet' feeling, only to find that it still hasnt arrived.

Although saying that, I got exactly the same sensation when I got PG too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now