Talk

Advanced search

Do these look positive?

(27 Posts)
sallyandrews Tue 18-Oct-11 11:50:05

I've tested so much recently that I just can't tell anymore. I don't know if I'm seeing what I want to see or not.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/803/photo1nb.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/photoomy.jpg/

greenzebra Tue 18-Oct-11 11:52:32

if its got a line honey they its a positive (sorry cant see you pics on the work computer)

Sossiges Tue 18-Oct-11 11:53:02

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/803/photo1nb.jpg/

shakeyjake Tue 18-Oct-11 11:54:05

they certainly look positive to me.

DawnOfTheDeementedDead Tue 18-Oct-11 11:55:29

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/803/photo1nb.jpg/

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/photoomy.jpg/

I can definately see something on the second photo - i'd definately say it was a feint BFP - congratulations!

shakeyjake Tue 18-Oct-11 11:56:09

i think but cant see the whole test is it + for pg - for not? as most test i have taken were either nothing for neg and a line for pos

sorry if i confused you more

sallyandrews Tue 18-Oct-11 12:01:28

Shakeyjake - it needs to be a + to be positive, but it says it doesn't matter if one line is fainter than the other. First time I've done one like this too!

sallyandrews Tue 18-Oct-11 12:02:16

I had a miscarriage a few weeks ago, and haven't had a period yet, so I've no idea when I should be testing.

elah11 Tue 18-Oct-11 12:02:45

I can only see one line ie - not +, sorry.

SootySweepandSue Tue 18-Oct-11 12:06:28

Can't see vertical lines on either. Maybe try a digital in a few days then there is less doubt.

Good luck!

DreamsOfScream Tue 18-Oct-11 12:09:02

I can't see a second line to make the cross, sorry, but don't want you to be getting your hopes up if it is negative. (fingers crossed it IS positive though!)

WishingIWasLucky Tue 18-Oct-11 12:28:05

Sallyandrews- did you test after miscarriage to ensure that hcg had left your body from that pregnancy first? It can take a few days/ weeks for the hormone to leave your body. Sorry for your loss. Fingers crossed that you get the result you wish for thanks

ThunderboltKid Tue 18-Oct-11 13:08:16

Sallyandrews I still had feint positives 3 weeks after my miscarriage. It can take a while to sort the system out.

sallyandrews Tue 18-Oct-11 13:15:06

I tested negative very soon after the miscarriage (it was an early miscarriage), so I don't think it left over HCG. It was a complete miscarriage and all tests were negative after :-(

I 'feel' pregnant, but again that could just be hope I suppose. I'll test again in a few days, I'd really like this to be the start of a healthy pregnancy - a friend of mine just announced her pregnancy (In a very hurtful way, lots of celebrations about the first pregnancy of our group - what about mine? Does that not count?) Sorry, I'm still upset about it :-(

nearlymumofone Tue 18-Oct-11 13:20:58

Oh Sally keeping fingers crossed for you. x

JodieHarsh Tue 18-Oct-11 13:28:45

I hope it is - but I must warn you I had a very faint BFP a while back, and it was a faulty test sad

Sorry to piss on your chips but not enough people realise that a false BFP is possible. HOWEVER I am crossing fingers that this is a real one!

ShowOfHands Tue 18-Oct-11 13:29:40

I'm so sorry. I really hope you are pg.

FWIW I'm always the first to say all pg tests are much of a muchness but the +/- ones are the only ones I'd recommend avoiding as there are huge problems with people interpreting them as positive when they're not. False positives are rare but every time I hear of one, it's with these tests. Something to do with dye leaking from the - line to the | line I think.

ShowOfHands Tue 18-Oct-11 13:31:05

JodieHarsh, it's always so tough to know because false positives are v rare and usually positive tests when not pg are as a result of chemical pregnancies and not dodgy tests.

JodieHarsh Tue 18-Oct-11 13:31:30

My false BFP was with one of the ebay NHS cheapie stick things. Ho hum. I guess there is scope for fault with everything in life.

SlothAttack Tue 18-Oct-11 13:32:19

I don't trust CB '+' tests at all. I've had many didgy results with them.

I can't really see a + there and with you having a m/c lately I would wait a few days and try with a first response they are very good.

I'm sorry for your previous loss and I hope you get a BFP soon.

ShowOfHands Tue 18-Oct-11 13:32:56

Those sticks are among the most sensitive Jodie and most likely to pick up a chemical pregnancy.

JodieHarsh Tue 18-Oct-11 13:33:08

Show - I did about 4 immediately afterwards (that night and the morning following) and they were all neg, so I assume failure unless a chemical pregnancy/traces of HCG vanished out of my system about 4 minutes later.

I almost want to believe it was a chemical pregnancy as that would be the first flicker of fertility in nearly 2 years, but I really don't think it was.

SlothAttack Tue 18-Oct-11 13:34:07

sorry dodgy results not didgy!!

I think i must have super vision as I've seen lines on 99p cheapie tests and clearblues when i've not been pregnant.

I would only buy first response now or clearblue digital for a definitive answer a few days after a suspected bfp

x

JodieHarsh Tue 18-Oct-11 13:34:20

(anyway shocking thread derail - all the luck in the world OP: let us know how you get on smile )

ShowOfHands Tue 18-Oct-11 13:36:02

Jodie, there's no way of knowing whether it was a cp or a dodgy test. But I've had a confirmed chemical pregnancy with exactly the same thing happening. My obs said it was because even the same tests within the same pack have different sensitivities, with a cp you can test positive and negative in a matter of minutes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now