Talk

Advanced search

No period after provera

(5 Posts)
cf83 Mon 17-Oct-11 21:29:22

Hi folks.

I haven't had a period since stopping the depo 18 months ago. I'm now in the NHS system for infertility investigations and was prescribed provera 10mg for 7 days. I took my last 11 days ago and still no AF.

I was just wondering how long it usually takes to have the bleed? I had some mild cramps the few days after I stopped it but nothing in the last 5 days.

My next appointment at the hospital isn't until December and I'm going mad at the prospect of nothing changing in the 3 months between appointments.

scampbell84 Mon 17-Oct-11 22:23:42

Hey I came off the depo a yr ago and can't exactly remember if I had a period for a while. However, the nurse advised me that it could take up to two yrs to get your fertility back. I was on the injection for 5 yrs so no doubt it depends how long u were on it. I hope this helps

kellestar Mon 17-Oct-11 22:27:16

10 years on Depo and 14 months til first period, then 12 months til positive test.

twolittlemonkeys Mon 17-Oct-11 22:27:30

I have had provera tablets to bring on a bleed prior to taking Clomid as I have PCOS and am very irregular. Each time I took the tablets for 5 days and AF appeared 2-3 days after the last tablet. If I were you I'd ring up the fertility clinic and explain - they may be able to advise you over the phone to up the dose or something...

cf83 Tue 18-Oct-11 19:31:37

Thank you for the replies. I've left voicemails with the hospitals to say it's been 12 days since I stopped the tablets and haven't had a bleed. We'll see if they call back!

I have an internal scan soon so I'm not sure if that will be affected.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now