Talk

Advanced search

The mystery of the diminishing cycle...

(4 Posts)
FruitloopSalad Mon 17-Oct-11 21:15:03

I came off the pill almost a year ago after having been on it for 8 years. Before I was on it my cycles were pretty regular - 28 days ish. The first few months stayed around that, with one of 30 days, but the last few have got shorter and shorter - 27, 25, 23, 22, now 21. What the heck is going on?! Is this normal?? It's getting rather hard to predict!

minipie Tue 18-Oct-11 12:59:05

I have got the opposite problem! I came off the pill in Feb and since then my cycles started long, then got shorter each month, now appear to be getting longer again each month! I have no idea if it's normal but I agree it makes things rather hard to predict.

Are you using OPKs?

farfallarocks Tue 18-Oct-11 14:22:25

Hmmmm fruit this could be down to low progesterone, have you asked your GP for a test 7dpo

21 is definitely getting a bit too short

I have cycles varying from 22 to 27 days and I have found b vitamins have helped to lengthen them along with acupuncture

WishingIWasLucky Tue 18-Oct-11 14:44:21

I have this too. Cycles gone from 28 days to 25, now 24. But ovulate around cd 8 or 9. Completely clueless, in terms of implications for ttc confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now