Talk

Advanced search

Determined to be pregnant by xmas!

(20 Posts)
eggandtoastedsoliders Sun 16-Oct-11 14:30:42

Anyone else determined to get a BFP by xmas? I am on a serious mission my the end of this year after starting Jan 1st 2011 to start TTC with no success. Its crunch time now because I never thought it would take this long.

Figaro82 Sun 16-Oct-11 15:05:57

Same here! I started trying in January too and I can't stand the thought of trying for a whole year!! I did fall pregnant straight away but lost the baby in April. It would be a lovely Xmas present to get a bfp before then!!! Good luck!!

eggandtoastedsoliders Sun 16-Oct-11 15:16:34

sorry for your loss Fig and will have my fingers cross for you. I cant believe all that talk in school about condoms and it only takes once to get preg... im nearly 30 and ten months in with no BFP :/

Figaro82 Sun 16-Oct-11 15:21:18

It makes you question how People fall pregnant by accident when we try so hard to fall pregnant!!! I'm nearly 30 too.Bits depressing isn't it!

eggandtoastedsoliders Sun 16-Oct-11 15:57:58

think you mean Bits sore... heheee we will get there

AuntieDoris Sun 16-Oct-11 16:15:50

I resolved to be pregnant by July 2011 and it hasn't happened. Setting deadlines just makes me feel more like I fail each time.

KatAndKit Sun 16-Oct-11 19:14:32

Don't set yourself arbitrary deadlines. it makes it harder if it doesn't happen. After a miscarriage last summer I decided I was going to be pregnant again by xmas, didn't happen. Then the deadline was before the due date. Didn't happen.

It has happened in it's own good time. I gave it my best effort all those months so a deadline would have made me feel that I had in some way failed, even though I had no real control over what happened.

Try hard every month if you can but don't treat it as something you can "achieve" - it is out of your control if it doesn't happen when you want it to.

PopcornMouse Mon 17-Oct-11 11:18:56

I have to agree with Kat. As much I want to be pg by christmas, setting myself a "deadline" is just going to make for a pretty crappy Christmas if it doesn't happen sad

Joycep Mon 17-Oct-11 12:51:57

have to agree with above, i know determination and positivity is good but setting deadlines can create more heartache. I set October 2010 and xmas 2010 as a deadline plus various people's weddings, a m/c due date and realise it's not healthy as i now am accutely aware that one year anniversaries of missed deadlines are coming and going.

Good luck anyway!

eurochick Mon 17-Oct-11 14:46:09

I'm another one who thinks dealines are not healthy. If you're lucky, it'll happen the first or second month. If you are not, it will take longer. It's not something you have any control over (bar making sure you dtd enough) so deadlines are pointless. You might as well set a deadline by which you want your hair to turn grey.

Ariesgirl Mon 17-Oct-11 18:52:16

I was determined to be pregnant by last Christmas. Sigh.

buggerlugs82 Mon 17-Oct-11 19:24:46

Rie there you are. Come back to BESHworld.

Ariesgirl Mon 17-Oct-11 23:11:34

Can't. Sorry sadsadsad

no1childminder Tue 18-Oct-11 14:21:38

Hi, please can I join? smile

Figaro82 im the same as you. i fell pregnant in jan this year, first month of trying, and had a mmc in april. i had to have an ERPC and we've been trying ever since to get pregnant again. in july we got a BFP a day before my period was due, but my period ended up coming. i believe this is called a chemical pregnancy?? we were absolutely gutted. it taught me to be patient and not test until the day its due!

we are hoping for a BFP before christmas, but as we are getting married next sept this is the last month of us trying, until next year. dont want to be due too close to the big day!

Jojo0070 Tue 18-Oct-11 14:50:24

Hi eggandtoast. I've had two previous pregnancies, and just found out I'm pregnant with my third.

Before I tested, I knew I was pregnant, just because I listened to my body for timing sex - I knew I'd got these timings spot-on. I was extremely horny all day and night, I just couldn't be satisfied at all that day - that was the night I had a dull ache in my side, which I'm was a sign my Ovary was releasing an egg.

The next day I looked at my calendar and it confirmed I would of been ovulating around that time.

Do you ever feel a dull ache in your side in the middle of your cycle? When you do, go for it!!!

Good luck - hope santa brings you a little surprise :-)

no1childminder Tue 18-Oct-11 15:03:41

Jojo0070 i feel a dull ache one side of me, but its only about 5 days after my AF has finished (which is day 11 in my cycle) could this stil be OV pains? I thought OV happens around day 14/15

Figaro82 Tue 18-Oct-11 20:22:46

Hi No1. I really hope you get your BFP so that you do not have to wait. Its pants isn't it!?!

Ovulation is normally day 14, but it varies from person to person. I ovulate on day 16 as I have a 30 day cycle. This is confirmed by a positive OPK and pains.

Congratulations Jojo smile

Jojo0070 Wed 19-Oct-11 19:46:48

Hi no 1 - I had my pains day 11 too! Listen to ur body hun, I was thinking it would be around day 14, but no I definitely got caught day 11 when I had the dull ache - hey good luck!! Sorry to be so crude but apparently from behind is behind is meant to be good too as ur man can dig deeper!!

Keep us posted!!!

Scaredconfusedexcited Wed 19-Oct-11 20:30:30

No1childminder- I only dtd once last month with dh (Day 10) and am now 6 weeks pregnant!!

We tried for months with dd and it felt like it was never going to happen, am now thinking I must ov really early so don't restrict your dtd days to the usual 13/14. It might make all the difference.

rogersmellyonthetelly Thu 20-Oct-11 08:22:37

Me please, trying for no3, vasectomy reversal in august so not been trying for Long, but don't want to hang about!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now