Talk

Advanced search

anyone else on the last few days of their 2ww?

(30 Posts)
DizzyKipper Thu 13-Oct-11 11:29:43

The days are going so slowly. I'm trying really hard not to drive OH mad with going on about symptoms and the fact that I might be pregnant. Also trying really hard to resist the urge to test early.

minipie Thu 13-Oct-11 15:01:08

Yes, me! I think grin. I don't really know when I'm due. My last three were 32, 32, 34 days. Today is CD34 and no real sign of AF apart from some spotting a couple of days ago. But also no real sign of pregnancy.

I did a cheapy test this morning and it was a BFN. Soooo I am trying to hold off testing now till at least CD36... Saturday.

Sillyshell Thu 13-Oct-11 15:30:44

I am, I'm due on around the 16th but think I can feel a belly ache coming on and I'm in a foul mood today which is how it starts.

Good luck to you both.

minipie Thu 13-Oct-11 15:43:22

Oh, yes, I have the weepy mood alright, forgot to mention that. But could be because I'm having a horrible time at work at the moment <sniff>. Yet another reason to want to be updiffed... bring on the mat leave...!

DizzyKipper Thu 13-Oct-11 16:50:10

<friendly waves> it's good to have some company, I've been going mad and most of the people on other threads either seem to be right at the beginning of their cycles or just entering the 2ww - there's no one currently going through the agony of the last few days.
I'm also due the 16th, possibly 15th as AF has been a day early recently.
Good luck to you both, BFPs all around I say grin

roxy31 Thu 13-Oct-11 17:24:18

Hello, i'm new to the site, but reading it lots!! AF due Sunday 16th and could not resist and did a test today to get a BFN. Like you I am reviewing all symptoms of which i have lots and I feel very different and pregnant. I need to learn some patience!!!! Everything crossed AF does not arrive for us all!!!

EatingLemonCheesecake Thu 13-Oct-11 17:30:42

me too! Due af monday and been driving myself potty! Iv done 2 tests this week (i know i know) both BFN one was a poundshop cheapy other FR... Trying HARD to resist testing i even took my tests down stairs and "hid" them in the kitchen #blush but took them back to the bathroom again 10min ago and promised crazy myself a FR with tomorrows FMU #blushblushblush i am going mad symptom spotting! I really "feel" pg so will be mighty peed off if af comes... Fingers crossed for you guys too x

DizzyKipper Thu 13-Oct-11 17:31:38

Hi roxy, welcome to the site. I found it really useful for finding out a lot about ttc, as well as a good place to come and chat so I don't drive OH mad. Will this be your first you're ttc?

DizzyKipper Thu 13-Oct-11 17:35:32

It's so hard to resist testing isn't it? Even though we know it's sensible and the best thing to do is wait, or to at least hold on for as long as possible. I just found a listing on ebay for 30 HPTs at only £3.39 including P&P - imagine how much I wanted to hit my head against the wall for only finding this listing now rather than a week ago, I could've been going test crazy instead of having to be restrained but they won't arrive in time if I order them now (2nd class postage!). So frustrating. Good luck with testing tomorrow Cheesecake.

roxy31 Thu 13-Oct-11 17:46:21

Yes TTC1 and only recently started trying, newlywed and on honeymoon last month so lots of SWI!!! I know it may take time, but I feel pg and different to usual PMS so hope its not that!

roxy31 Thu 13-Oct-11 17:50:58

Also do any of you know if any of the shop bought tests test for H-hCG or just hCG? And if they do the former how soon can use it? Is it still day after AF is due or can they be done earlier? I am so impatient ;)

EatingLemonCheesecake Thu 13-Oct-11 17:51:47

ya but da thing is the cheapys dont work as early as the exp ones so we'r only gona have our heartbroken repeatidly with them. I really really should wait till monday at least but its so hard... The rational sane part of my brain keeps reminding me IF it is positive it will be positive in a few days too but you could just be wasting lots of money now sooo just wait but then the urge sets in again and its all i can do to not reach for a stick! Yes yes i am going nuts smile what symptoms is everyone spotting?? Im majorly bloated, very crampy since sunday which would not be the norm for me and been feeling sick on and off for 3days... Heres hoping!

DizzyKipper Thu 13-Oct-11 17:53:50

As far as I know shop bought pregnancy tests only test for hcg, in fact I hadn't heard of h-hcg before you mentioned it (and had to google, though still not feeling that much more enlightened). What would tests for h-hcg reveal?

minipie Thu 13-Oct-11 17:55:21

what is the difference between H-hCG and hCG? confused

what do you mean by shop bought tests? I think both the internet cheapies (I have some from Amazon that come in little sachets) and the First Response/Clear Blue type ones can in theory be used from 5 days before AF due, but the internet ones don't really work that early usually. And even the FR/CB ones only work that early for some people.

DizzyKipper Thu 13-Oct-11 17:57:56

The tests I saw detected levels as low as 10mIU and were actually the type I used when I was first pregnant (MC) - I got the faintest of faint lines very early, can't remember how many days early though. Though the line wasn't as easy to see as a FR one.

I've been having mild cramps the last 4 days, headache the last 2 days but stopped now, and a little bit constipated. So I clearly must be pregnant wink

EatingLemonCheesecake Thu 13-Oct-11 18:04:50

first response says it can work up to 6 days early and but didnt for me, although that could just mean im not pg but hoping its just cause it was early... All my cheapy ones say day after af due, cannot wait that long for sure though... Iv two little boys and have had two miscarriages. Last mc was over a year ago now and finally dh felt ready to try again, but even before i get a BFP im a nervous wreck how im going to be if/when i do i dont know!?

DizzyKipper Thu 13-Oct-11 18:12:12

They're only just a bit above 50% accurate when used that early, the longer you wait the more time your body has to build up hcg to be detected by the HPT. My cheapy one also says to use the day after missed period, but it also has the same sensitivity as FR so I figure you must also be able to use this one early and they only say after the missed period so they can put that 99% effective claim on their box. Or maybe I'm on my way to a BFN with that logic?

Glad your DH is now emotionally ready to try again - it takes a while doesn't it? When you get your BFP you might find one of the freak out threads a good place for you - there's other ladies there who've also had MCs in the past and who can support each other whilst being nervous wrecks about the pregnancy. I'll probably be there myself once I get this BFP.

rogersmellyonthetelly Thu 13-Oct-11 18:57:01

Can I join you ladies? Am on cycle 2 after vasectomy reversal, got
Some very well timed SWI I'm but still bfn here, at 11dpo now, not holding out a lot of hope though.

Hi everyone - thought I'd join this thread as I'm nearing the end of my first 2ww.

I'm on CD31, first month TTC #1. Cycles are usually 31 or 32 days but think ov was a couple of days later this month so would be 33 or 34 days.

Have felt really nauseous for the last 10 days, some lower abdominal pain and slight boob discomfort.

Really wasn't intending to symptom spot or test until at least a week late, as certainly wasn't expecting anything to happen on first cycle, but the nausea has been so persistent and is so unusual for me that it's got me a bit concerned - if I'm not preg I need to see a doc!

Was going to test tomorrow, but my order of internet cheapie tests (10mIU ones) that I ordered last Friday hasn't turned up yet! Arrrrggghhh! Thought they'd be here today so I could test in the morning. Hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow and I can test on Saturday.

roxy31 Thu 13-Oct-11 19:09:05

I read about it here infertility.about.com/od/infertilitytesting/bb/pregnancy_test.htm - just that this can be detected earlier than hCG - but wasn't sure about CB and FR - i've only bought tescos own brand upto now. Thanks for the info, i will try and ride it out until next week without any more tests!!

Symptoms i've had include: larger more sensitive boobs, twinges, spotting, constipation, go to the loo much more regularly and waking early (not me!) and I just feel 'different' in my lower abdomen confused

Still no sign of my order of internet cheapie tests arriving. Double arrrggghhhh!

That's it, if they're not here tomorrow and neither is AF, I'm going to have to shop!

Well, internet cheapie tests did not arrive so marched up the road and bought a double pack of the Clearblue normal tests and a double pack of the digital ones (I'm the sort of person that needs to see something spelled out to believe it, but didn't want to just use them as I know they're not always reliable).

Marched back down the road, tried one of the normal tests. BFP. Shaking, tried one of the digital ones. Pregnant, 2-3 weeks. OMG. Put my dress on backwards when I was getting changes I was so shocked - even though I kind of expected it.

DH is out shopping at the moment. Wonder how much he's going to freak out, even though it's planned....

nearlymumofone Sat 15-Oct-11 13:28:33

Wow Seriously Congratualtions!

EatingLemonCheesecake Sat 15-Oct-11 17:09:17

major congrats SERIOUSLY! Thats great news smile i had a BFN yesterday not holding out much hope now as had a little pink one the toilet paper earlier (sorry for tmi) have been feeling sorry for myself but reading the BFP news from Seriously has cheered me up a bit smile

DizzyKipper Sun 16-Oct-11 17:35:15

Congratulations Seriously, and I also got a positive on Friday - only a faint line though so testing again tomorrow to hopefully make sure it's getting darker.
Still holding out hope for you 8Cheesecake*, have you had any more spotting?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now