Talk

Advanced search

Who can tell when they are ovulating?

(20 Posts)
witherhills Wed 12-Oct-11 21:53:49

Not with opk's, but maybe a twinge, or pain?

nearlymumofone Wed 12-Oct-11 21:58:21

errr... not me, thought i had twinge/cramps last night, used opk and nothing. I have no idea if or when!!

RollingInTheAisles Wed 12-Oct-11 21:59:54

No pain but EWCM... Can google it for lots more info smile

witherhills Wed 12-Oct-11 22:03:13

I feel like you only have a tiny window of opportunity with the opk's. So you could easily miss the LH surge. Have no idea what EWCM is!

witherhills Wed 12-Oct-11 22:05:54

Aha, yes, didn't know that was the acronym. Never been able to figure that out as an indicator

BarryKent Wed 12-Oct-11 22:08:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RollingInTheAisles Wed 12-Oct-11 22:11:23

I didn't have any signs when younger but since 30ish it's like my body is saying 'hello, hurry up, ovulating'!

ChippingIn Wed 12-Oct-11 22:12:50

I can. Not sure if it's a blessing or an annoyance grin

witherhills Wed 12-Oct-11 22:19:12

Rollingintheaisles, do you think you just didnt notice it when you were younger?
Is the pain like a twinge? Mine doesn't last long enough to need painkillers, but I'm actually wondering if it could be a blocked tube.
Sometimes I can be doubled over if I stand up too quickly

BarryKent Wed 12-Oct-11 22:20:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RollingInTheAisles Wed 12-Oct-11 22:21:50

I think because it's extreme EWCM I would have noticed but don't get the pain. I have got friends who get ov pain as bad as you're describing though. Could also be maybe an ovarian cyst?

eurochick Wed 12-Oct-11 22:35:21

Yes. I get twinges in my ovaries around CD8/9, EWCM a couple of days after that and then definite ovary pain/bloating a couple of days after that. Temping confirms that the latter is ovulation.

I've always felt it but it seems to have become more noticeable over recent months. Maybe I am just more attuned to it as I am ttc.

hairylights Wed 12-Oct-11 22:54:23

I can I get a low bruised pain, spots and ewcm.

IfAtFirstUDontSucceed Thu 13-Oct-11 20:57:15

Yep, I can, but only started within the last year or so (I'm 32)

I get an achey feeling a few days before, then the actual event can be a very sharp pain which lasts for a few seconds sometimes followed by a 'popping' sensation, a couple of times it has literally taken my breath away.

rogersmellyonthetelly Thu 13-Oct-11 20:59:07

Yes, I get joint pain the day before, sore bbs the day of, and then crippling ovulation pain for about 2 hours. I also get the usual ewcm, change in cp, and increase in sex drive in the couple of days prior. I've only been wrong once in 2 years of not ttc and I was I'll that month which threw me by a day or so.

kirrinIsland Sat 15-Oct-11 10:42:21

I never could when trying ttc first time round, but I did think I was after stopped breast feeding and sure enough 2 weeks later I was proved right - I was quite chuffed with myself smile now I just need to see if I can do it again or if it was a one off ...

ChildOfThe1980s Sat 15-Oct-11 22:07:49

I always get confused by this - I seem to have ewcm usually twice a month, including often a couple days before my period is due, which surely isn't a fertile time? That's why I found it so hard to know when I was oving when ttc. I still have no idea when I am ovulating. :-/

Huia Sun 16-Oct-11 11:05:24

Yes, most of the time I get EWCM. I have also just started charting, and have found it really interesting to see a dramatic jump in my temperature at ovulation. I used to get quite severe mittelschmertz when I was younger, but don't any more. I've tried checking cervical position but I can't get the hang of it at all!

ChildOfThe1980s - I sometimes have EWCM a couple of days before my period as well. It is unlikely that you are ovulating at that point - ie you probably ovulated when you had your first EWCM. I checked the Weschler book which says that EWCM a couple of days before your period is just part of the endometrial lining - apparently it is absolutely normal and nothing to worry about.

Amanda29 Mon 17-Oct-11 19:56:59

Yep! I always get a twinge very low and to the left one month then the right the next, just a dull ache and usually happens around day 12 or 13 of my cycle x

whomovedmychocolate Mon 17-Oct-11 19:59:16

Me! I go loopy. Not TTC btw just came in to wish you all luck and say that. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now