Talk

Advanced search

Will I have another c section?

(2 Posts)
Annie421 Wed 12-Oct-11 21:33:56

Hi,

My daughter is 12 months old, I am not planning on having another baby just yet, but something is really bothering me!!! ...

When i was pregnant with my daughter i was terrified about giving birth naturally, this was something i never wanted to do, at 34 weeks i was told that i had a low lying placenta and would have to have a c section, i was more than happy with this ... was told after that i didnt have a low lying placenta. I really want to have another baby in a few years time, what puts me off is giving birth naturally ... will i be able to have an elective c section the next time?

cureall Thu 13-Oct-11 13:07:51

Yes, I had a breech baby first time and they recommended elective C section as I was 40 + 3 when detected! Doctors would have happily given me a second C section and in your case I wouldn't imagine it'd be any different. I went for natural birth- amazing but exhausting. Talk to people who've done it, you might not feel so anti; it was wonderful not to have that c section recovery time. It's your body, your baby, your decision, hope you get the birth you want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now