Talk

Advanced search

Dull ache in side - could this be by ovary releasing an egg?

(11 Posts)
Jojo0070 Mon 10-Oct-11 11:20:42

Hi everyone.
A few days before I expected to ovulate, I got a dull ache in my side that lasted 24 hrs - could this be my ovary releasing an egg?? I hope so as we had sex whilst I had the dull ache.

It's quite common for me to get this pain around ovulation but i've never heard anybody say this is a sympton of ovulation.

I'm testing on Saturday so I'll keep you posted.

razzdazz Mon 10-Oct-11 11:50:18

Hi Jojo, yes it can be a sign of ovulation, I often experience it.
Good luck for testing grin

eurochick Mon 10-Oct-11 16:32:56

Yes, i often get that. I feel it just above where my leg meets my torso and more often on my right side than my left but everyone is different!

Jojo0070 Mon 10-Oct-11 18:00:36

Ooooh that sounds promising!! Cheers guys - can't wait for Saturday x

Mama5isalive Mon 10-Oct-11 23:03:07

yes that a strong sign! good luck!

WishingIWasLucky Mon 10-Oct-11 23:05:26

Do you mind me asking what you're testing FOR? seems too early for a preg test surely?

Jojo0070 Tue 11-Oct-11 14:06:04

I'm due on on Saturday so I'm going to do a pregnancy test if no show.
I've had two pregnancies and each positive test showed up on the day my period was due - In fact I found out on one of my pregnancies a little sooner than my due on date using Clearblue. Apparently you can use Clearblue 3-4 days before your due on date as long as it's the first wee of the day.
I'm just excited and got to know asap!

The thing is I've convinced myself I've got my sex timing spot on, because I listened to my body when I had sex - OMG I was extremely horny all day and night, I just couldn't be satisfied at all that day - that was the night I had a dull ache in my side, which I'm hoping was a sign of ovulation.
The next day I looked at my calendar and it confirmed I would of been ovulating around that time - if I'm wrong then I wont be in a rush to use that theory again!!

Jojo0070 Mon 17-Oct-11 20:48:00

OMG I was so right!! Woohooo!! I'm pregnant!! I knew I was - that ache in my side was my ovary releasing an egg. Aaaw I'm over the moon!!! ;-)

nearlymumofone Mon 17-Oct-11 20:55:34

Well done Jo jo! Congrats x

winkle2 Mon 17-Oct-11 22:44:05

Awww congrats! I had a dull ache in my side that lasted all day Saturday - unfortunately husband was away for the weekend sad

Jojo0070 Tue 18-Oct-11 14:40:27

Aaaah winkle, at least you know what to look out for next month. Good luck!!
Thanks mumofone ;-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now