Talk

Advanced search

Am I really 15dpo? OPK experts?

(9 Posts)
munki Mon 10-Oct-11 07:18:12

According to fertility friend, I am 15dpo, but after a very long time ttc I don't want to get my hopes up though my normal luteal phase is 14 days. I used OPKs this month, so fertility friend says my ovulation day is the first day I had a negative opk after two positives. Is there any way this might not be accurate? Ovulation day was a good 2 days early this month, so I'm still not technically late for my period - wouldn't think anything was going on had I not used OPKs.

Can anyone advise - can OPKs be inaccurate? Am I right to think that my luteal phase wouldn't change from month to month? All help much appreciated.

GTR2882 Mon 10-Oct-11 07:55:12

munki, you are right to think that your LP cannot change - no matter what this will always be fixed, so if it's normally 14 days, it will always be 14 days. The only thing that can change is the day you ov and the length of your cycle. Despite what FF says, you know your body best. Did you have any other signs around the time it says you ov'd? Do you chart your BBT and if so was there a drop the day of ov and a significant rise afterwards (and have your temps remained high)? ideally you need 18 days of high temps.

I would wait until AF is late but if you are after your normal 14 day LP then it might be worth testing with FMU in a few days. I am not too sure about the accuracy of OPKs - I have been weeing on them for the last 58 days and although i think I had a postive, it was not as dark as I would have liked it to be and going from my current CM/CP I am defintely not oving at the moment. If the line was darker, or as dark, as the control line then i think you can safely say that it detected the surge and that you ov'd 12-24 hours after.

HTH smile

munki Mon 10-Oct-11 09:01:53

Thanks gtr, thinking about it I think I did ov when ff thinks I did, or the might before/early morning of that day - I had bad ov pain when I went to bed the evening I had my second positive opk (real feeling of a swelling/pressure on one side that I always get) and in the morning it was gone - so maybe egg popped out overnight. That would mean I'd be 15/16dpo today. Too scared to test though, I've got my hopes up too many times!

GTR2882 Mon 10-Oct-11 09:09:09

Oh i know how you feel!! AF was due for me yesterday but no sign, yet loads of cramping!! I tested this morning but BFN! I am currently on CD59 and would really welcome AF as I think my cycles are a bit messed up so not really expecting a BFP!! Have no more tests left now, which is probably a good thing smile

Fx'd that you get some good news when you do decide to test!!! grin

munki Tue 11-Oct-11 15:37:56

Well AF has arrived at 16dpo. Symptoms galore and still no fucking BFP. Fuck it. Fuck it all.

GTR2882 Tue 11-Oct-11 15:39:49

Oh munki so sorry that hag whore made an appearance!!! sad

munki Tue 11-Oct-11 15:44:36

Thanks gtr. That makes 15 months now, I don't think I can take any more but I don't know how you stop

GTR2882 Tue 11-Oct-11 15:47:43

Have you been to see your GP? After 15 months it might be worth having a word with the doctor to see if there is anything that they can suggest!

helenlouisey Tue 11-Oct-11 16:18:04

Really really sorry AF arrived, I would definitely go and see your GP if you've been trying for 15 months, it may be something really simple thats stopping you conceve which can be easily fixed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now