Talk

Advanced search

Is cd9 TOO early to ovulate/ not?

(8 Posts)
WishingIWasLucky Mon 10-Oct-11 00:54:31

hi there. Used smiley OPKs to detect ovulation this month. Smiley came up on cd9 out of a 24 day cycle... Is that not a tad too early? Does it bode well for ttc or not? HEEEELP! thanks in advance. thanks

DizzyKipper Mon 10-Oct-11 06:20:22

With a shorter cycle that seems fine and will give you a decent LP.

WishingIWasLucky Mon 10-Oct-11 07:15:44

Thanks dizzy! Seemed too early to me. But appreciate the reassurance. x

buggerlugs82 Mon 10-Oct-11 19:45:35

I think i ov'd on day 8 which i thought was probably too early but my cycles have been all over and my last cycle was 29 days. I had a nice bit of EWCM (sorry if TMI) so it seems that for you, CD9 might be ok.

I don't use OPK's though. (yet)

WishingIWasLucky Mon 10-Oct-11 19:49:24

Thanks buggerlugs! What I meant was is it conducive to getting pregnant or not? Can I get pregnant with that? Or is it impossible? First time I've tried smiley OPKs. smile

buggerlugs82 Mon 10-Oct-11 20:10:43

As far as im aware, if you ovulate, you can get pregnant. Remember that women in Africa with no money and little health care and no OPK's, fertility monitors, books, google, clomid etc etc still manage to get pregnant so, so will we....... one day.

FeelMyWraith Mon 10-Oct-11 20:13:48

The average luteal phase (time between ovulation and your period) is between 10 and 16 days. So with a cycle of 24 days you'd expect to ovulate somewhere between day 8 and day 14.

What you need is sufficient time between ovulation and your period for an egg to fertilise, travel down the fallopian tube and then implant. Day 9 is fine, nay expected with a cycle of that length.

FeelMyWraith Mon 10-Oct-11 20:14:34

And bear in mind that opks don't show ovulation, merely a surge of hormone which precedes ovulation. so you could ovulate slightly later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now