Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

gender selection

(11 Posts)
dannigirlr Fri 07-Oct-11 18:09:21

hi guys
i am new to this,just wondered if anyone had any tips/hints or tricks to help me concieve a baby girl after 2 lovely boys,
my 1st ds was from previous relationship,had ds2 with current partener 12 months ago,but still dream of all things pink n frilly

FeelMyWraith Fri 07-Oct-11 18:12:11

Chances will always remain pretty much 50/50 I'm afraid.

FeelMyWraith Fri 07-Oct-11 18:12:43

Buy your ds something pink and frilly. grin

Florin Fri 07-Oct-11 18:14:39

I think you should be grateful for what you get, along with many people on this forum I have been trying for 22 months and have gone through so much I will be grateful for whatever I hopefully eventually get. You need a reality check.
Why does have so much against boys I would love 3 boys, would have a full sailing team then grin

Florin Fri 07-Oct-11 18:16:57

Oops should read * why does everyone have so much against boys*

dannigirlr Fri 07-Oct-11 18:17:55

3 of any would be a blessing.agreed,i cant help my feelings for a mixed family tho,hope your luck changes soon

FeelMyWraith Fri 07-Oct-11 18:21:13

Florin, there are as many people who want boys as want girls. I think you can be grateful for what you have but still want to experience something else. The two are not mutually exclusive.

I understand though. And I firmly believe that with each child being such a unique little creature, gender is almost irrelevant in some ways. DD is so much more than a girl for example. She isn't a walking gender. I'm sorry you've been trying for so long. It took a year and a half to conceive dd which is nothing in comparison but I remember all too well how heartbreaking it is month after month. I wish you the best of luck.

dannigirlr Fri 07-Oct-11 18:26:46

if i had girls i would like a boy all the same,would like the experiance of both,and right now am pretty out numbered at home,i can just see oh face when he walks in from work and his big strong boy is in a dress he he

4madboys Fri 07-Oct-11 18:44:03

4 boys here and a baby girl, we didnt do anything different, its just 50/50 and you get what you get!

fwiw my ds3 is quite 'girly' loves all thinks pink, purple and sparkly and fairies etc and is always dressing up in fairy costumes and other 'girly' outfits. i am guessing with 4 big brothers dd may be a tomboy in the meantime i am dressing her up in funky pinafores and tights etc, not much pink tho as i dont like it! grin

dannigirlr Fri 07-Oct-11 18:53:20

next baby will be our last,just wondered if i could sway the odds,and if i have a 3rd ds will be happy all the same ;.)

HaveALittleFaithBaby Fri 07-Oct-11 19:36:32

There is some research about conceiving different sexes. Shettles did some and wrote a book. Maybe worth a look but I'd take it with a pinch of salt!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now