Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

a question for anyone who's used the CBFM

(11 Posts)
iloveberries Fri 07-Oct-11 14:36:08

hi there - i have bought a CBFM for use next month as i understand you have to start on day 1 of your cycle.

Obviously the ideal is that i won't need it and maybe AF won't turn up this month!! but the question is for if i do...

Is all i need to get started with it the CBFM monitor and a pack of 20 test sticks? I will be on hols when AF is due so want to keep everything in the wrapping for ease of packing (and incase, maybe, just maybe i don't need it!).

I just don't want to find myself in a foreign country and realise i am missing some addition to the set, batteries, some other stick, personalised pee pot holder etc, which i need.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

isthisweird Fri 07-Oct-11 14:38:12

Yes to just sticks, monitor and batteries. Can't remember if it comes with batteries, think it does.

Be warned - sometimes the first month you use it you can have all lows and no peaks. This often sorts itself out by the following month.

Good luck!

KatAndKit Fri 07-Oct-11 15:15:41

yes that is all you need, and don't forget the batteries.
The time of day that you press the M button is very important for the rest of the month as you will only be able to do tests 3 hours either side. So beware of the time difference.
You can start at any time up to CD5.
You don't strictly speaking need a pee pot holder, the sticks are designed to be pissed on, but I prefer the collect and dip method of testing too.

Pollykitten Fri 07-Oct-11 17:41:27

I second KatAndKit's comments about the time of pressing the M button. Also, it uses a lot of sticks in the first month, then seems to calm down after that - but as you say, hopefully you won't need it again!

iloveberries Sun 09-Oct-11 17:25:35

thanks so much for the advice ladies.... esp about the M button as i wouldn't have known that part.

another question - if your period comes at say 5pm do you start testing the following day in the morning window?

KatAndKit Sun 09-Oct-11 17:27:57

Yes, if your period comes at 5pm, you press the M button the next morning. The cbfm won't ask you to use test sticks till at least cd6.

iloveberries Mon 10-Oct-11 14:43:01

ok - so even though you're really on day 2 it will call you on day 1? i guess as long as it tells you when you're fertile this doesn't matter!!

KatAndKit Mon 10-Oct-11 14:45:04

Yes, it counts day one as the next morning. However, say you start your period at 10 am, but that is too late to press the M button, all you have to do is hold the button down for longer until it says CD2.
My rule of thumb is that if you start your period after 4pm it doesn't count as CD1 yet.

iloveberries Mon 10-Oct-11 14:48:25

oh right, so if Af arrives in the morning then set it that day (even if it's outside the 6 hour window?)

If AF arrived in the afternoon then set it the next morning during your 6 hour window?

I guess all these details are in the instructions?!

Thanks so much for your help - really appreciated x

KatAndKit Mon 10-Oct-11 14:58:35

No! never set it outside the window.
Lets say your average getting up time is 7.30. This is a good time to press the M button. Gives you 3 hours earlier in case you wake up at 6 needing a wee, and 3 hours later for the weekend. Every month you need to press the button at 7.30. you window will be from 4.30 to 10.30 for testing.

So if you wake up at 7.30 and have your period press the button.
If your period starts at 10am, press the button the next day but hold it down a bit longer so the monitor displays 2 rather than 1

iloveberries Tue 11-Oct-11 07:09:19

all clear! great, thanks! p.s. i'd never get to get up at 10.30 with DS! wink

thanks so much for taking the time to expain it for me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now