Talk

Advanced search

OPK newbie - help please!!

(5 Posts)
CaptainNemo Mon 03-Oct-11 21:54:10

Am starting to TTTC #2 this month, but am paranoid am not ovulating (used to notice EWCM v clearly, not any more...) so have decided to buy some OPKs to feed my paranoia see what they say. Plus we had a pretty rough time having DD so am anxious about it all going wrong again... Have just looked on babymad.com as seem to remember it bing popular on here when I was TTC last time.
The website says it has 3 types of OPK, strip tests, casettes, or mid stream tests - link here but I have no idea what the differences are, which is best or which one I want... So any words of experience would be much appreciated!
Nemo

BBE Tue 04-Oct-11 12:54:30

Hi Nemo,

We tried the clearblue ovulation monitor. Its a bit pricey at around £60 and sticks at £12 but well worth it in our eyes. We got ours from amazon and after trying for 2.5 years we got preganant within the first month of using the monitor!! Hope this helps and good luck. BBE. xx

kat2504 Tue 04-Oct-11 15:41:51

They are the same tests in different packaging. The strip inside them will be just the same.
The midstream are always easiest to use - just pee on the stick. But the strip tests are significantly cheaper but you have to collect in a cup. They are just as good for testing purposes though. The cassette one looks fiddly. I have never tried them as I don't see the point in having to pee in a cup and then collect with a dropper. Dipping in is much easier.

HaveALittleFaithBaby Tue 04-Oct-11 19:46:27

I would strongly suggest when you start you just shag! Try not to get too Hung up on opks and charting in the early days.

CaptainNemo Tue 04-Oct-11 21:11:37

Thanks for responses ladies, all advice very much appreciated. BBE I've heard v good things about the CB Monitor as well, but I'm not sure I want to lay out that sort of money at this stage...
Have just started using the computer, DH having been using it earlier, to find 2 tabs open to the Ann Sumers website (he's a classy chap!!) so looks like he's hoping we adopt HaveALittleFaith's approach! Still think I might go for something a little more scientific alongside wink Some of the stuff on that website... shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now