Talk

Advanced search

7 days before AF is due and POAS came up positive??

(9 Posts)
thedogwalker Mon 03-Oct-11 20:26:53

I'm not sure if to believe the test results. I've been feeling very sick the last few days, my boobs have been sore and I've been feeling very tired, so when I had another bout of sickness this afternoon I decided to POAS. I bought a clear blue test, not a digital, the cheaper version, where a x shows if positive. I tested this afternoon, I couldn't even wait until tomorrow morning blush and the x showed almost immediately. AF is not due until next monday, so with being so far away from that, will the test be accurate, could it be a false positive? I so want to believe it. Anyone with a similar experience or any knowledge on the subject. Advice most welcome, many thanks xx

pootros Mon 03-Oct-11 20:31:48

Ooh. They are pretty accurate. Get another couple and redo it. Very exciting.

thedogwalker Mon 03-Oct-11 20:34:21

I've got another to do first thing tomorrow morning, I've got my fx and my toes x that it is positive again.

shellmc Mon 03-Oct-11 20:58:02

Ohhh lovley!!! Yeh get testing again in the morning and very best of luck!!
It is possible to get a positive early on, may even be that you ovulated earlier in your cycle than you thought.
When i was pregnant with DS sickness was the first symptom for me-very early on!! smile Fingers crossed for you.

Purplebuns Tue 04-Oct-11 09:44:41

What was your last af? If it was particularly light then is it possible you conceived the cycle before? Congratulations, being sick is a very good sign!

Purplebuns Tue 04-Oct-11 09:46:09

What was your last af like?

ShowOfHands Tue 04-Oct-11 09:50:46

I always test positive 9dpo, which is 6 days before my period schleps up.

Can't comment on the +/- tests as I'd never use them. They're the only ones that I've ever known show false positives because the dye can bleed from the - to the | but usually you'd get a thin line when this happens.

I think it's likely you're pregnant. Let us know!

icooksocks Tue 04-Oct-11 11:01:14

Erm try a different brand, the clearblue positive ones have had some bad press recently for false positives. I don't mean to put a downer on it-but just in case.
Fingers crossed for BFP though smile

kat2504 Tue 04-Oct-11 11:29:51

You might have ovulated early this cycle so that means you would get a positive result sooner.
I would recommend testing with a pink line test. Superdrug do an excellent one, or there is also first response. These are easier to interpret than blue dye tests with a cross.
If you get a positive on one of those then you are definitely pregnant. In that case I would do a CBdigi to see if it says 1-2 or 3+. If it says 3+ you may have been pregnant already last time you thought you were having a period.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now