Talk

Advanced search

Another ttc thing to worry about. Help with fsh levels much appreciated.

(4 Posts)
whereismywine Mon 03-Oct-11 19:08:04

Well, just got day 5 lh and fsh results and feeling rather shitty after an hour with dr google.

I'm 34 and lh was 4.2 with fsh at 9.5. Have been ttc for 11 cycles.

I went to pick them up so no one to explain but I knew straight away that that is a higher fsh than I would have liked. It says that 10.2 is the top end of the normal range. What does it all mean? Does it mean I won't conceive by myself? Is this stupidly high for a 34 year old or should i stop worrying? Seeing the consultant on thurs. But she tends to be rather doom and gloom about my age, so can't say I'm expecting her to say it's all fine. Can fsh change and would having it on day three have made any difference? is this likely to be the reason we haven't got pregnant yet?

Sure this kind of thread has run before, but I'd really appreciate hearing of other people's experiences and if this level doesn't necessarily mean I have mouldy old eggs sad or that I'm going to start having hot flashes and needing ky jelly!

whereismywine Tue 04-Oct-11 17:23:57

Anyone?

Imps7 Tue 04-Oct-11 17:30:16

Hello Where - here, have a glass wine

I'm sorry but I don't know anything about LH/FSH. Just didn't want you to feel unanswered and also wanted to say that I hope everything goes well with the consultant. Don't rely on Dr Google for ANYTHING. He's about as qualified in medicine as Gillian McKeith.

Hope someone knowledgeable will be along soon to put your mind at rest. Good luck.

whereismywine Tue 04-Oct-11 17:46:24

Thanks imps. Feeling really concerned about it, but then, ttc has generally been concerning IME! I'm bouncing around from feeling perimenopausal with duff eggs to well, it could be worse. But thanks for chipping in and stopping the tumbleweed from blowing past!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now