Talk

Advanced search

Can a pregnancy test go from positive to negative? So confused and down-hearted. :-(

(6 Posts)
Haleana Sun 02-Oct-11 22:24:38

Hi everyone - we've recently decided to ttc baby no. 2 and have just had a weird thing happen. My DS took nearly a year in the making as I have poly-cystic ovaries and was originally told I couldn't conceive without medical help. With that in mind, we don't expect no. 2 to come along very quickly either. With our DS we eventually used the Clearblue Ovulation Kit and within two cycles of using it, became pregnant. We started using the kit at the beginning of this cycle and now I am five days before my period should starts (if it decides to be consistent and there's NO telling with mine). However, I've had a few symptoms that I recognise and decided to do a pregnancy test last night. We worked out that if I was pregnant, I'd probably be around a fortnight gone. The test came up with the control line in dark pink and the test line came up after about 30 seconds in faint pink (but definitely there). I was almost in tears with happiness as it was very visible. However after about five minutes the line disappeared completely. WTF?? Anyone else had this happen to them? So disappointed (again - irrationally as I know this is the first month of trying, it's just that our hopes were raised then dashed within minutes). Boo confused

fidelma Mon 03-Oct-11 20:31:18

Yes that does happen.Infact it happened with all of mine.Positive result then negative but I was pregnant and went on to have the baby. I think it is to do with but hormone levels.

I am pretty sure you will of done another test by now.If not do one tomorrow.It is the first result that counts. X

Haleana Mon 03-Oct-11 21:06:07

Thanks fidelma. I meant that the same test stick went from positive to negative within a few minutes but it lingered on positive for at least two to three minutes before the line disappeared completely. Not that I did two, first positive then negative. Does that make sense. Someone said it could have been an evaporation line. Can't believe it was that vivid before it disappeared though. Trying to hold out until I'm due - so about four days or something. Grrr.

fidelma Mon 03-Oct-11 21:53:44

That is exactly what happened to me.it is because you tested early.I am very sure that you will be pregnant.try doing a test in the morning as i think your hormone levels are higher then.

you can't make a line appear if you are not pregnant iykwim. it was there because it measured the hgc level.

Haleana Tue 04-Oct-11 20:36:31

OMG You're right! Did a CB digital and came up pregnant 1-2 weeks! Can't beleive it! Thanks for the advice! Now what lol!!!

fidelma Thu 06-Oct-11 22:54:46

Result..... V happy for you congratulations X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now