Talk

Advanced search

I think i just had a bfp?

(21 Posts)
mrsshears Thu 29-Sep-11 13:44:28

I'm 2 days late for AF and have been feeling odd for the past few days.
We stopped ttc a few weeks ago as it had been 10mths(with a mc in the middle of that) but didnt start contraception again.
I have just done a test and a faint line came up straight away,i'm so shocked i'm shaking! i really dont know what to think and i'm scared because of the mc i had.

kat2504 Thu 29-Sep-11 13:45:49

yay!!! congratulations smile
I really hope this one is a sticky one for you.

mrsshears Thu 29-Sep-11 13:47:12

Thanks kat
I'm a wreck! i've got so many emotions rushing around

kat2504 Thu 29-Sep-11 13:48:52

I know exactly how you feel! just take it one day at a time. I'm pregnant after 2 miscarriages and have just hit the magic 12 weeks today. There is no reason why the odds should be against you again this time and after a mc you still have every chance of a good pregnancy the next time.

mrsshears Thu 29-Sep-11 16:13:00

I stupidly did another test this afternoon only 2 hrs after the first and after a cup of tea,so of course the line was fainter and now i'm thinking it's going to be the same as last time which is really silly.
I will do another test with fmu tomorrow.

goingmadtrying Thu 29-Sep-11 16:18:26

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrsshears that is such fantastic news im so so pleased for you grin

fx this is a sticky one for you, keep me posted big hugs smile xx

jenniec79 Thu 29-Sep-11 16:25:17

The line may be fainter because your wee is more dilute in the afternoon - don't panic, and no more tests today wink

congratulations!

MmeLindor. Thu 29-Sep-11 16:29:34

The line is going to be fainter in the afternoon when you have been drinking tea. A line is a line, and the strength of the line is no indication of anything worrying.

Congratulations. I know how scary it is being pregnant after a m/c. Will be crossing my fingers for you.

mrsshears Thu 29-Sep-11 16:35:33

Thanks so much everyone!

going thanks so muchsmile i'm willing one your way too,i will keep you posted x

No more tests today,i promise.

mrsshears Fri 30-Sep-11 06:55:48

I have tested again this morning with the last test of the poundland cheapies 3 pack from yesterday,still a faint line,stronger,but still faint so i'm pleased its looking strongersmile
I havent told dh yet,i'm scared of telling him and then mc'ing,which is completely irrational i know.

goingmadtrying Fri 30-Sep-11 07:02:39

Woohoo sounds like congrats to me, it's totally ok to be irrational but hey it's happened and fx tightly that all goes well, tell dh so that you have his support. Try not to worry (easy to say I know). I'm so so happy for you and really hope it works out.

Love from your ttc#3 virtual friend xx

PotteringAlong Fri 30-Sep-11 07:16:32

3 bfp including on in the afternoon is a bfp! Congratulations!

Now - how are you going to tell DH grin

mrsshears Fri 30-Sep-11 07:16:47

oh thanks so much going you've made me blub!
love to you too,i have my fx yours is just around the corner x

goingmadtrying Fri 30-Sep-11 07:27:38

Definately hormones hehe!! Sods law it will happen this month as that would make all 3 within a month,my other 2 are 4 days apart grin
let us know what dh says smile

mrsshears Fri 30-Sep-11 07:42:08

thanks pottering,due to my current all over the placeness(if thats even a wordhmm) it will probably be blurted out at the most inapropriate momentgrin.

going thats really strange, i checked my due date on here and its 4 days after dd2's birthday!

mrsshears Fri 30-Sep-11 21:20:27

I told DH tonight and he is over the moon!
He said he had secretly wanted to carry on ttc and had kept thinking that we would regret it if we didnt give it a good go for no3.
I'm really relieved,i don't know what i expected him to sayconfused

goingmadtrying Fri 30-Sep-11 22:04:20

That's fab, bless him he sounds really lovely. Big hugs virtual friend hope you have a happy trouble free pregnancy smile

mrsshears Sat 01-Oct-11 06:21:40

thanks going smile >>hugs<<<

birdofthenorth Sat 01-Oct-11 20:38:03

Congrats OP smile

shellmc Fri 07-Oct-11 19:13:55

Congratultaions!!!!!

Pocket1 Fri 07-Oct-11 22:39:03

wow congratulations mrshears thanks. That is truly fab news. Wishing you a happy and health pregnancy, with a beautiful baby at the end of it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now