Talk

Advanced search

So big that someone thinks you are heavily pregnant!

(7 Posts)
oggy24 Wed 28-Sep-11 16:14:43

Yes.... that's me. My neighbour just asked me when I am packing up work for maternity leave. Double whammy: Not pregnant, just fat.

I'm hoping it will spur me on to continue my weight loss but right now I'm just feeling sorry for myself!

Anyone else out there have a lot of weight to lose and TTC?

sulky face

PopcornMouse Wed 28-Sep-11 16:21:05

Oh no! If it's any consolation, that has happened to my mum and a neighbour, I think it's quite common sad

I am trying to lose about a stone and it just won't go!

Honeypie80 Wed 28-Sep-11 16:52:21

Its very common indeed, Ive been asked many times and im a size 12-14, once waiting in a queue for the toilets in a pub i was told i could go in front of this girl as her words "you always need to go when your pregnant". i cried for 2 days solid after that.

The latest was on saturday, i work in a charity shop and was trying to explain to a woman that we cant take 2nd car seats as its a safety issue, she then looks at me and says well do ou want it you look like your going to be needing it..... mortified was not the word, but i did actually tell her how rude she was and she apologised, i think some people are so heartless and just dont think before they open their gobs

PopcornMouse Wed 28-Sep-11 17:08:01

Omg honeypie that's awful sad (I'm a 12-14 too!)

On the flip side, our local barmaid has lost shed loads of weight and looks great, but I didn't like to compliment her incase she'd lost it through illness or something lol

oggy24 Wed 28-Sep-11 17:12:35

Oh honeypie that is rubbish sad

I have always been big (18-20) but I'm also very tall too so am not too splodgy. I just have a big tummy lately which I have been trying to cover with baggy clothes but this seems to have started the rumour mill!

I have had a good cry about it. It took a lot of willpower to not run inside and console myself with cakes!

On the plus side, my neighbour also looked mortified. Good! :P

HaveALittleFaithBaby Wed 28-Sep-11 19:30:58

I'm a 14 and I carry all my weight round my tummy. I've been asked when baby is due and caught people looking speculatively at me. It sucks!
I am doing a weight management class at my gym next week and start next Tuesday. This week is last chance saloon!

Pocket1 Wed 28-Sep-11 20:26:15

Hi ladies

Just wanted to send you a heart-felt hug - its just awful when someone has the cheek to comment on a ladies waistline!

I'm fairly little but any weight i put on goes straight to my tummy. and bizzarly i do often put my hand on it - i'm sure someone in the office looked at my tummy this week and things i'm preggers (I wish i was but i'm not).

So i've upped the gyming this week (alhtough i've just had a scone with cream!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now