Talk

Advanced search

Mid cycle bleeding, late period, bfns

(1 Post)
MissTinaTeaspoon Wed 28-Sep-11 09:24:48

Just after some wise words please!

I usually have a 28 day cycle, give or take a few days, and ovulate on day 14/15. (I've been charting for a few cycles). This month I ovulated on day 15 going by the chart, but then I started spotting the following day, and that lasted for a week. I went to the gp who told me that it was hormonal, probably ovulation bleeding, but even she seemed surprised by how long it lasted. She examined me and couldn't find anything untoward.

I expected my period on Sunday (day 29) and it didn't arrive! I'm now day 32, I've had a bit more spotting but no proper day 1 bleed. My temperature actually rose this morning (see here. I've had typical pmt symptoms (sore boobs, tired, crampy) for the past few days. Tests using superdrug tests on days 25, 28 and 31 were all negative. Any help appreciated, please convince me I'm not a) going through an early menopause or b) carrying an ectopic pregnancy!

Ps. I know I could go to the gp but they generally just say 'it's hormonal'. And I have been tested for pcos before and my day 21 bloods a few months ago were normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now