Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant or not pregnant?

(8 Posts)
Holly66 Tue 27-Sep-11 10:24:00

OK long story probably with TMI so sorry in advance. DP and I had a accident with a condom on Tuesday 13th. I knwo my cyle pretty well and I knew i'd most likely be ovulating. We discuss the options and agreed not to take the morning after pill as a baby wouldn't be a bad thing. Anyway on Monday 19th I had some really strange light brownish bleeding/spotting that only lasted a day. I did my research and thought that this might be implantation bleeding????

Anyway I did a test today and it was negative but my period is actually due until Friday so maybe I did it too late?

I do feel really tired and a bit sick. Boobs aren't sore but I sometimes get funny shooting sensations in them.

I know I should just wait and do a test in a few days but we are really excited and I just wanted to know other people's thoughts.

Thank you in advance.

kat2504 Tue 27-Sep-11 10:42:27

You know what the answer is! You have tested too early. You may or may not be pregnant but only Friday's stick will be able to tell you that. Any really early symptoms are often not a reliable guide I'm afraid.
Hope you do get a positive as it sounds like that is what you want. If not are you two going to ttc properly afterwards?

Holly66 Tue 27-Sep-11 10:55:44

I know I know, i've tested too early. I guess I just wanted to see what other people thought though, esp about implantation bleeding.

I think we are going to keep trying if i'm not as we are both really excited that I might be.

kat2504 Tue 27-Sep-11 10:58:47

Implantation bleeding is the exception not the rule. Most people who are pregnant don't get it. Some do though so you might be in luck!

Holly66 Tue 27-Sep-11 12:26:12

Thanks I do hope I am. I already have a DS from another relationship and thought I had missed my chance to have another one which is DP and I are excited. We've not been together all that long but we do love each other and now think a baby would be great. DP is fantastic with DS and it would be nice to give DS a sibling.

Fingers crossed!

cupcake44 Wed 28-Sep-11 18:25:53

hi I am in a similar situation as yourself after a condom failure just over a week ago around ovulation. I don't have any wisdom to share other than that I am completely clueless about all of this and just wanted to say you are not alone.

cupcake44 Wed 28-Sep-11 18:28:06

ps keeping my fingers crossed for you! (I am unsure whether it is the right time for us but trying to keep an open mind anyway until I can test on saturday. Like you, I did a test far too early today).

birdofthenorth Wed 28-Sep-11 22:54:21

My AF is also due Saturday and I also couldn't wait, tested Monday & today! BFN x2, so either I'm not pregnant sad or just an idiot for wasting money testing long before they work grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now