Talk

Advanced search

Ovulating after MC

(5 Posts)
SmileyGirl1 Mon 26-Sep-11 19:47:47

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom regarding when you ovulate after a MC?

I had an MC last year at 6 weeks and ovulated 14 days later and got pregnant before my nxt period and have a gorgeous daughter. But I've now MC'd again at 8 weeks. I'm now 14 days since start of bleeding and no sign of OPK at all which is really worrying me. I really expected to ovulate now but no sign of it.

Anyone any advice / experiences?

PieMistress Mon 26-Sep-11 20:27:53

Hi smiley I had a temp rise and EWCM about 6 weeks after my recent m/c. My cycle and ovulation days have been different each month since though which is a bit pants.

Fingers crossed you ovulate soon. I have read that some people don't ovulate the first cycle after a m/c. I know my chum didn't (but got pregnant 2 cycles later).

Sorry to hear about your m/c. It sucks doesn't it xx

MammaInTheMaking Mon 26-Sep-11 20:35:11

I mced at 7 weeks in August and ovulated exactly 4 weeks later. I'm now expecting AF to turn up on Friday if my dates are correct. Though ofcourse I really hope she stays away for 9 months!

Sorry to hear about your mc. And don't worry too much. Give it at least a couple more weeks smile. x

IfAtFirstUDontSucceed Mon 26-Sep-11 20:40:13

Hi SmileyGirl Sorry for your losses sad

My first MC was at just 5 weeks and I ov'd 14 days after the bleeding had started as usual.

My second was at 11 weeks - I bled for 8 days followed by spotting for another 8 days and finally got a negative preg test at day 19. I ov'd between day 23 and 26 which is pretty much 7 days after the bleeding completley stopped.
I always ov on day 14/15!

Have you tried another pregancy test since the MC?

I wouldnt worry too much, your body needs time to get back to normal x

SmileyGirl1 Tue 27-Sep-11 20:38:45

awwwh ladies thanks so much for the info and advice

i did a pg test since the mc and it was negative which was good..

started to get some discharge today so i'm hopeful now i might ovulate over the next day or two. fingers crossed anyhow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now