Talk

Advanced search

Smear test safe whilst TTC?

(6 Posts)
birdofthenorth Mon 26-Sep-11 15:45:59

I'm TTC, currently in the looong tww, but got a good feeling about this month smile

Due for a smear test this week though. AF due Saturday.

Is it safe to go for my smear or could it present any risks to any potential beans down there?

I have no sysmptoms of any abnormalities, just got my routine letter through the post

Thanks

greenzebra Mon 26-Sep-11 15:51:59

I dont think there is any threat to potential bean.

birdofthenorth Mon 26-Sep-11 15:54:10

Thank you. That's what I suspected. May mention I am TTC to the doctor beforehand just so they know. I reliase my bean is probably imaginary... but better safe than sorry!

eurochick Mon 26-Sep-11 16:43:37

I think if there is a possibilty you could be pregnant they won't do it. The will probably get you to rearrange for a pre-ovulation date. You should definitely mention it.

TryLikingClarity Wed 28-Sep-11 17:13:15

I'm not sure, but it might be worth ringing the clinic to ask.

That way if you do need to re-book it and cancel your appt someone else might be able to take that appt time.

Would be a bit of a waste of your time if you got there, told Dr or nurse that you are TTC and they turned you away.

birdofthenorth Wed 28-Sep-11 18:50:49

Ok so I rang ahead, receptionist wasn't sure, turned up, nurse insisted it was safe, though may produce abnormal results if I do turn out to be pregnant, in which case they simply repeat the test following the birth if all goes well. Ta for help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now