Talk

Advanced search

New-style Boots-own pregnancy test

(8 Posts)
SheCutOffTheirTails Mon 26-Sep-11 10:15:06

When did Boots tests get so hard to use?

It used to be so easy - big thing to wee on, nice big windows.

I just tried to use one (BFN) and managed to wee all over the control window of the first one.

I'm quite proud that I managed to stop the wee, rip open the other one and use it. But still, surely it shouldn't involve holding in a wee you've started to use the back-up test?

Anyone else had problems with these? What tests would you recommend for ease of use?

greenzebra Mon 26-Sep-11 10:55:36

I never wee on the stick I always wee into a glass or jug and then dip the stick. Have done this for a while now as I ended up weeing on myself, the floor anything but the stick or when I did on the stick it would be all over the window.

SheCutOffTheirTails Mon 26-Sep-11 11:49:33

Yes, maybe the problem is with me.

It does seem like pregnancy test were designed to make it easy for men to check if they're pregnant grin

greenzebra Mon 26-Sep-11 11:50:46

grin too true.

GTR2882 Mon 26-Sep-11 15:52:39

I have got a feeling that they were all designed by men.............grin

kat2504 Mon 26-Sep-11 17:16:21

Superdrug early pregnancy tests. Not the digital ones. They are brilliant.
I am crap at weeing on sticks so I collect it in a plastic beaker and dunk the stick in. I can't coordinate the wee and stick and hands and timing otherwise! I have had wee splashing off the stick and bouncing all over the floor with the pee on stick method.
Sorry it was bfn though!

SheCutOffTheirTails Mon 26-Sep-11 18:29:34

Ah, thanks for the tip smile

Can you only get them in Superdrug? I don't know of any near me.

I have at least another month to locate them though, so I'm sure I'll manage it.

God, I don't know how people do so much testing. Getting your period is so much nicer than a BFN.

kat2504 Mon 26-Sep-11 19:29:00

Really? I thought the opposite to be honest. I tested at 12dpo without fail so at least I knew the period was on its way and I didn't find out about it as an unpleasant surprise out and about or at work. I had a massive stash of cheapies but as soon as I got bfp, that was it, pee on three sticks a day at first!!
If you haven't got Superdrug, Asda tests are alright too. Behind the pharmacy counter they have some cheap ones there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now