Talk

Advanced search

Tests starting positive then fading?

(16 Posts)
sallyandrews Sat 24-Sep-11 21:04:34

I've taken several tests today, all have had a faint but clearly visible pink line, then faded to just a very faint line (still with a hint of colour). Is this normal? They pink lines were there during the 5 minute window....

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Sun 25-Sep-11 00:40:00

Then you are pregnant! Congratulations!

DooinMeCleanin Sun 25-Sep-11 00:43:18

Yup. You're pregnant. Congrats.

sallyandrews Sun 25-Sep-11 11:22:07

I tested again this morning, one test seemed to be an evap immediately (silver dented line) and the other a incredibly faint line, fainter than yesterday. Still confused!

themightyskim Sun 25-Sep-11 12:46:28

yesterdays was probably because your wee was getting less and less concentrated, perhaps you need to leave it for a day or two before you repeat again, let your hormone levels start to rise a little - probably the last thing you feel like doing I know! A positive is a positive though smile

themightyskim Sun 25-Sep-11 12:47:12

just out of interest are you after a missed period or before?? that might have something to do with it - I didnt show positive until nearly a fortnight after

sallyandrews Sun 25-Sep-11 13:13:28

I'm now 7 days late. I didn't test positive till 12 weeks with my last pregnancy so I wasn't expecting a positive so yesterday threw me a kittle.

themightyskim Sun 25-Sep-11 15:30:38

wow 12 weeks - thats some wait! hopefully this time will be a bit sooner for you

brettgirl2 Sun 25-Sep-11 15:34:23

In that case cant you get a blood test to confirm at the docs? It wouod surely be less stressful that way smile

sallyandrews Sun 25-Sep-11 19:23:07

I spoke to GP surgery last week, I can phone Tomorrow or Tuesday for an appointment, but there will likely be a delay seeing the nurse for bloods and a while for the results. I was hoping to not have to do that. I'm still not sure.

Yesterday I had about 5 positives - one really clear line, but they all faded after the fact. Testing today has been negative (well, very tiny faint lines) and I did one with water to see if I was seeing evaps, but I really can't tell what is going on. Tiny bit of spotting earlier, and I feel 'odd' - I don't know in what way, just 'odd'.

sallyandrews Mon 26-Sep-11 10:04:34

Well last night I haa a bit more spotting and was sure it was all over.

Tested this morning, line was a proper bright pink line between about 3-5 minutes but then faded to a very slight line.

No doctors appointments left for today, will try again tomorrow.

greenzebra Mon 26-Sep-11 10:28:25

mmm well if you are still having positives then I would think you are pg, if it was a chemical pregnancy then Im sure you would have had more negatives? I suppose the only way to know is to keep testing and see the doctor. Which sticks are you using? Are they the cheap ones or clear blue digital?

sallyandrews Mon 26-Sep-11 10:41:55

I'm using two different kinds of internet cheapy - 10miu ones. They are both different brands.

This is a real emotional rollercoaster!

greenzebra Mon 26-Sep-11 10:47:35

poor you. I would fork out for a clearblue digi, I find them more reliable and as youve had so many positives then this one is bound to be and also they keep really well, The cheap ones always seam to fade wheres as I have a clearblue digi that I got a positive off of last year and its still showing the line.

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Mon 26-Sep-11 11:32:33

Or take a first response test. Take the result and stop doing tests! You'll drive yourself mad. Can you tell I have been there?

sallyandrews Mon 26-Sep-11 15:58:26

Cramps and bleeding getting worse, so looks Like if I am pregnant, I'm unlikely to be for long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now