Talk

Advanced search

A positive then two negative tests today...confused

(7 Posts)
Suzet79 Sat 24-Sep-11 16:49:26

Hi

I've just joined mumsnet as I've been trying to find out the answer to why I would have a positive then a negative result to a home pregnancy test today.....

I've recently lost 2 stone- sensibly by eating well and exercising regularly as I was diagnosed with PCOS a year ago after I had a 'chemical pregnancy' which was awful- got a positive test then a negative and confirmed by dr that I wasn't pregnant.... I did start having periods again, last one was July this year.

Anyway, I never know when my period is due and last week I had a strange brown discharge which I've never had before and a light pink discharge when I went to the loo. It was so light i didn't really need any tampons/ towels.

I was thinking this was strange all week, but maybe my period was about to start so I ignored it until the end of the week when I started feeling exhausted (my usual friday am jog was super difficult and I had to walk the last bit) have been peeing all the time and odd light cramps.

So I decided to do a test this morning (a superdrug digital one) and it came up positive. This was using the first urine of the day. Because I had a chemical pregnancy before I waited an hour and did another test- that came back negative. I did another one this afternoon and it came back negative again...... my Husband and I are thinking oh no not again after last time.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it possible that I am pregnant/ have I tested too soon?

I am going to see Dr next week, but not sure when I will be able to get an appointment and the waiting is going to be excruciating!!! and I don't want to get my hopes up.....

Cheers

LIG1979 Sat 24-Sep-11 18:47:28

Hey Suzet,
I also have Pcos- it is rubbish isn't it? Also, last month had a chemical with a bfp that never got darker till eventually went negative.

I would try again using the first urine of the day as it is strongest.Either that or don't drink anything and hold it in as long as you can. The yellower it is the better.

It could just be that in your tests later today the urine was diluted and so there was not enough hcg for a bfp. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

goingmadtrying Sat 24-Sep-11 20:16:19

If you are only just pregnant it is possible that it would only show with fmu, try again in the morning. Sorry for your previous loss fx you get your bfp again tomorrow smile

nulgirl Sat 24-Sep-11 20:18:19

This happened to me. First test was positive so I bought two m

nulgirl Sat 24-Sep-11 20:22:44

Sorry - bloody phone. Anyway will finish

Took one test which was positive then bought two more which were negative including a digital one. I waited until the next morning and did it again and it was positive - my dd is now almost 5. With my ds i didnt get a positive result until i was over one week late. I tested every day because i just knew i was pregnant.

Try again in the morning and hopefully it will be positive. Fingers crossed for you

Suzet79 Sun 25-Sep-11 08:41:21

Hi

Thanks for all your messages.....

Just got up and did another test and it came back negative so it looks as thought it was another chemical pregnancy.

S

goingmadtrying Sun 25-Sep-11 08:49:17

I'm so sorry suzet was it the same brand as you used yesterday?

If af not here yet your still in with a chance, maybe test in a few days if she hasn't made an appearance sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now