Talk

Advanced search

Actually WANTING my period to come back!!

(4 Posts)
flixy102 Fri 23-Sep-11 15:51:34

I came off the pill in June after 5 years. DH and I have not exactly been TTC since then but have just been playing it by ear iykwim. Problem is that my period hasn't returned yet so we've no hope of conceiving ATM. The other day my cm had turned slightly brown and a tiny bit of blood in it (maybe tmi). Also had cramps so thought happy days here af comes but........nothing. It actually just reminded me how much I really just wanted to be normal with a regular cycle and really get started TTC in earnest.
Anyway...was just wondering if anyone had been in a similar position and what they did.
Forgot to say I have high prolactin levels and am seeing the endocrinologist for it so I know that's probably why af hasn't arrived yet.

Sarah009 Fri 23-Sep-11 23:11:28

Hello, I have hith prolactin levels that I see an endocrinologist for too, realized from a blood test at age 15 they were too high and that's why my periods hadn't started. 2 yrs later after being in a medication called cabergoline they started. I'm sure some people's start quicker than 2 yrs on the med but my level was probably very high. Anyway, i'm now 28yrs old and 6 months pregnant. Kept taking the med and having blood tests and the occasionally MRI scan to check the prolactin levels and gland over the last 13 yrs. When my dh and I wanted to ttc the endo advised me to keep taking cabergoline (or I might not conceive) then stop taking it as soon as pregnant. I hadn't been on the pill which made it simpler to stop contraception. Anyway, hope my story inspires u that it will work out. Happened really quickly for us with the prolactin level under control.

flixy102 Sat 24-Sep-11 10:15:46

Wow thankyou so much for your response- it's been hard finding anyone with the same probs, congratulations on your pregnancy! My periods started normally when I was 12 but always very irregular. I had an MRI last year which showed no tumour so I'm hoping that it's something that can be easily remedied with meds. Appointment with the endo next march so if not pregnant by then will ask for meds and fingers crossed!!
Thanks again for your response-I'm hopeful now!!

buggerlugs82 Sat 24-Sep-11 12:37:53

Hey, my periods stopped from Feb - August due to stress. I took progesterone (from the GP) to 'force' a bleed and they re-started.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now