Talk

Advanced search

Private blood test to confirm pregnancy?

(4 Posts)
sallyandrews Fri 23-Sep-11 10:20:05

I'm testing negative, and a week late. I tested negative till 12 weeks last time, and not sure I can go through that again! My GP receptionist isn't being helpful, cannot get an appointment to see GP till Tuesday, then it'll be a week to have bloods taken, then a week for the result.

Is it possible to get a blood test done privately? I had a private scan at 12 weeks last time, would it be too early for a scan now?

kat2504 Fri 23-Sep-11 10:56:23

If you are only a week late you won't see much at all on the scan. Just a small empty gestational sac at this point.
It probably is possible to get a private test and I suggest you Google "private blood test pregnancy your hometown"
given your history I think they would be able to get a move on though. Why can't they take the blood when you visit the GP? Round here all they have to do is fill out a form which you take to the Pathology dept in the hospital, the same day if you like, and join the queue to have your blood taken.

sallyandrews Fri 23-Sep-11 11:39:20

Thanks for your reply. I've not managed to find anything yet - do you think it would be worth emailing the local fertility clinics to see if they'd do it?

I'm frustrated with the GP, they are very 'by the books' and if you are a slightly different case it all goes to pot!

LadyMaybe Fri 23-Sep-11 11:54:02

Try medichecks.com, it's not cheap though - £149 for an hcg test

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now