Talk

Advanced search

Can someone just sort my womb out please. Its paying Fall attention to me.

(11 Posts)
Signet2012 Thu 22-Sep-11 22:06:49

Hi all

TTC since feb no sign of any BFP, cycle 32 days long, no idea whats going on or why. I'm pretty fat and have asked before if anyone thinks this is why it might not be happening but Im really starting to wonder.

Am I just being impatient?

I think I might be. Im also Pre menstrual which isnt helping

!

thisisyesterday Thu 22-Sep-11 22:09:24

OI! signet's womb! get wiv it ok???

that should do the trick.

no, but seriously, i will admit to not knowing tons about trying to conceive, but a friend of mine has just fallen pregnant and it has taken 9 months. they were doing everthing "right" but it just took that long.

it's normal to be impatient though, it's terrible when you are desperate to get pregnant and it just doesn't happen.
I hope that next month is your month smile

louloubellamozzarella Fri 23-Sep-11 12:16:29

Hmm have you been to see the doctor? You're past six months trying so you should maybe think about it. PCOS is apparently quite common. I don't know much about it but maybe worth researching/discussing with doc?

Signet2012 Fri 23-Sep-11 16:30:57

No not yet,

I have said ill relax a bit and if nothing by Xmas then Ill go. Im just worried its because Im fat. Going to join slimming world again next week. Hopefully lose some weight might help!

Also my cycle length is 32 days so im not really sure about when I ovulate and such so some better knowledge of my own body would be useful !

Honest, to think I spent my teen years worried sick I would be pregnant every month despite been on contraception when Ive been SLR for mnonths with nothing and nothing!

Im sure it will happen!

greenzebra Fri 23-Sep-11 16:40:11

I would buy these and find out when you ovulate. www.amazon.co.uk/Highly-Sensitive-Ovulation-Fertility-Strips/dp/B001G7P62S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316792252&sr=8-1

I tried for over a year then tried these above and second month fell pg. Found out I ovulated a little later than we thought.

Also yeah in my experience losing a bit of weight does help, I lost 10 pounds aswell before I fell pg and deffo think that had something to do with it.

Signet2012 Fri 23-Sep-11 16:50:09

thank you I will get some of these. My friend recommended some cream or something she said you get it from amazon - have you heard of it?

Im hopefully going to lose some weight. Im expecting to stick to it more reason to now than ever!

Thanks for that x

greenzebra Fri 23-Sep-11 16:53:30

havnt heard of the cream. Lose a bit of weight this month then use the ov stick next and see what happens, but see your doctor if still no BFP after a year. good luck.

Signet2012 Fri 23-Sep-11 16:55:57

I will do thanks very much

MiniH Fri 23-Sep-11 19:37:03

I agree with others re using ovulation sticks to figure out when you ovulate. Unless you are strict with swi time, you could easily be missing the right time. You 'typically' ovulate 14 days before period, even on 32 day cycle ie around day 18 but that's not universally true as some women have shorter luteal phases. A 32 day cycle is fine and not in itself suggestive of pcos or anything being wrong - some women just have longer cycles - I'm a 32 day cycle too. Gp won't usually run tests before a year of ttc (unless over 35) and having been through the tests I wouldn't rush to have them done before then. It puts a strain on both of you to have the tests and statistically a year is completely average so no reason to be overly concerned. I'm at month 17 and I now know the issue is dh's SA but that doesn't actually help us any further - no free nhs help available and even if it was rushing into ivf is not something I want to put my body through just yet. I'm rambling, but what I'm trying to say is that so many people rush to have tests done but actually it doesn't really help as even if they find a problem are you ready to go down the next route? Very personal questions but I now have benefit of hindsight and can see that knowing what the issue is hasn't really helped as we are still just ttc.
So, try and get a handle on ovulation, try and enjoy this time and try not too worry to much as probably will happen soon. Fx for you

Signet2012 Fri 23-Sep-11 20:36:44

Yes Im not too keen on all the interventions idea and questions and stress. My DP even said he doesnt want to hear anything about CM or temperatures when I was on about some of the things people do to monitor and I didnt even know how long my cycle was!!

Im going to reduce my coffee intake, lose weight, eat better, relax a bit more and hopefully it will happen. I cant in good faith go to the GP when I know Im not doing everything I can first.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 24-Sep-11 14:49:04

Have you read any of Zita Wests books on conception? I got one from the libary and she had all sort of tips I hadnt thought of.

I have pcos and I'm very slim which keeps my cycle regular, if I gain weight it goes to pot, but my aunt had it and was overweight when she lost the weight she got pg. That was 60 years ago.

You can go to the gp anytime btw, they are paid to treat you. The ones I used to work with like to have a patient with a real concern or illness not the hypos who turn up every week with the latest must have illness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now